83-Year-Old Pensioner Wins Record Lottery Jackpot in Bulgaria
The second man who won half of Bulgaria's record state lottery jackpot of BGN 9.5 M has been revealed to be an elderly pensioner.
83-year-old Dimitar Vazharski from the small southwestern town of Boboshevo has collected his BGN 4.7 M before New Year's but his name was not revealed by the Bulgarian sports lottery "Toto 2".
The BGN 9.5 M jackpot, an all time record for Bulgaria's Toto 2, was won on November 18, 2012, by two men, both from Southwestern Bulgaria, who guessed the six numbers drawn in the second draw of the "6 out of 49" game of Toto 2.
The other winner, Rosen Rusimov, from the southwestern city of Pernik, announced his win himself the day after it became clear that he won.
Rusimov won the jackpot with a more expensive ticket including a combination of numbers while 83-year-old pensioner Vazharski won with a regular ticket.
- » Stoevi Sisters With Silver Medal at European Badminton Championship in Denmark
- » Neviana Vladinova Wins Gold Medal at World Cup in Rhythmic Gymnastics in Baku
- » Arthur Albiston Awards Winners in Veliko Tarnovo Children’s Football Tournament
- » All-Around Bronze For Gymnast Neviana Vladinova in Baku World Cup
- » Kubrat Pulev Beats American Rival, Eyes World Title
- » Bulgarian Dunekova Proves She Did Not Use Doping