83-Year-Old Pensioner Wins Record Lottery Jackpot in Bulgaria
The second man who won half of Bulgaria's record state lottery jackpot of BGN 9.5 M has been revealed to be an elderly pensioner.
83-year-old Dimitar Vazharski from the small southwestern town of Boboshevo has collected his BGN 4.7 M before New Year's but his name was not revealed by the Bulgarian sports lottery "Toto 2".
The BGN 9.5 M jackpot, an all time record for Bulgaria's Toto 2, was won on November 18, 2012, by two men, both from Southwestern Bulgaria, who guessed the six numbers drawn in the second draw of the "6 out of 49" game of Toto 2.
The other winner, Rosen Rusimov, from the southwestern city of Pernik, announced his win himself the day after it became clear that he won.
Rusimov won the jackpot with a more expensive ticket including a combination of numbers while 83-year-old pensioner Vazharski won with a regular ticket.
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Climbs Up World Tennis Ranking
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Defeats Mladost Podgorica 2:0 in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria Claims Gold at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Kazan
- » Ivet Lalova Claims Third Silver Medal for Bulgaria at Euro Athletics Championship
- » Bulgaria's Ivet Lalova Qualifies for 100 M Final at Euro Athletics Championship