83-Year-Old Pensioner Wins Record Lottery Jackpot in Bulgaria
The second man who won half of Bulgaria's record state lottery jackpot of BGN 9.5 M has been revealed to be an elderly pensioner.
83-year-old Dimitar Vazharski from the small southwestern town of Boboshevo has collected his BGN 4.7 M before New Year's but his name was not revealed by the Bulgarian sports lottery "Toto 2".
The BGN 9.5 M jackpot, an all time record for Bulgaria's Toto 2, was won on November 18, 2012, by two men, both from Southwestern Bulgaria, who guessed the six numbers drawn in the second draw of the "6 out of 49" game of Toto 2.
The other winner, Rosen Rusimov, from the southwestern city of Pernik, announced his win himself the day after it became clear that he won.
Rusimov won the jackpot with a more expensive ticket including a combination of numbers while 83-year-old pensioner Vazharski won with a regular ticket.
- » Bulgarian Boxers Scoop 4 Gold Titles at Strandzha Tournament
- » Bulgaria's New Rhythmic Gymnastics Ensemble Scoops 1st Title
- » March Honouring Pro-Nazi General Held Despite Sofia Mayor Ban
- » Goffin Defeats Dimitrov in Rotterdam, Ending His Series of Victories
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Denis Istomin at Rotterdam ATP 500 Second Round
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Mischa Zverev in Rotterdam