Winter-Only Weddings - Bulgarian Muslims Say 'I do'
The people of this Bulgarian town of Ribnovo are famous for performing their unique wedding ceremonies in winter time only.
The inhabitants of the mountain village of Ribnovo are Bulgarian-speaking Muslims, sometimes referred to as "Pomaks" or "people who have suffered". Muslim Bulgarians are descendants of Christian Bulgarians who were forcibly converted to Islam by the Turks, during the 14th, 16th and the 18th century.
- » Balcaniecaucaso Tells the Touching Story of Bulgaria's Gorna Bela Rechka
- » Reuters: No More Incentives for Bulgarian Renewable Energy Installations
- » Reuters: Strong Banking Ties to Greece Pose Risk for Bulgaria, Balkans
- » Amnesty International Notes Bulgaria's Mixed Record on Human Righs in 2014
- » VoA: Bulgaria Key Battleground in US-Russia Energy War
- » WSJ: Jihadists Pass Through Bulgarian-Turkish Border to Join IS