Winter-Only Weddings - Bulgarian Muslims Say 'I do'
The people of this Bulgarian town of Ribnovo are famous for performing their unique wedding ceremonies in winter time only.
The inhabitants of the mountain village of Ribnovo are Bulgarian-speaking Muslims, sometimes referred to as "Pomaks" or "people who have suffered". Muslim Bulgarians are descendants of Christian Bulgarians who were forcibly converted to Islam by the Turks, during the 14th, 16th and the 18th century.
- » 'Bulgaria May Go Polish Route to MiG Modernization'
- » FP: Bulgaria Is the New Battleground in Fighting Russian Energy
- » AP: John Kerry Urges Bulgaria to Step up Energy Diversification, Anti-Graft Efforts
- » US Secretary of State's Visit to Bulgaria Fuels Speculation in Foreign Media
- » Russia Tried Bribing Bulgarian Official to Support South Stream - NYT
- » Russian PM: Bulgaria 'Worse Off' after Joining EU