Winter-Only Weddings - Bulgarian Muslims Say 'I do'
The people of this Bulgarian town of Ribnovo are famous for performing their unique wedding ceremonies in winter time only.
The inhabitants of the mountain village of Ribnovo are Bulgarian-speaking Muslims, sometimes referred to as "Pomaks" or "people who have suffered". Muslim Bulgarians are descendants of Christian Bulgarians who were forcibly converted to Islam by the Turks, during the 14th, 16th and the 18th century.
- » S&P Maintains Stable Outlook on Bulgaria’s Rating
- » Forbes: KTB Crisis 'Looks Like a Game of Bulgarian Musical Chairs'
- » 'How Bulgarian Political Elite Betrayed Russia'
- » The Daily Beast: Bulgaria's Vampire Graveyards
- » Bulgaria 'Is Mafia with Democracy on the Inside' - Italian journalist
- » The Economist: Bulgaria Likely to Get Another Shaky Cabinet