Winter-Only Weddings - Bulgarian Muslims Say 'I do'
The people of this Bulgarian town of Ribnovo are famous for performing their unique wedding ceremonies in winter time only.
The inhabitants of the mountain village of Ribnovo are Bulgarian-speaking Muslims, sometimes referred to as "Pomaks" or "people who have suffered". Muslim Bulgarians are descendants of Christian Bulgarians who were forcibly converted to Islam by the Turks, during the 14th, 16th and the 18th century.
- » South Stream Could Consider ‘Plan B’, Russian Journalist Says
- » Sofia’s Latest Move to Halt South Stream “Could Be More Serious”
- » Forbes: 'The Bulgarian Banking Disaster'
- » FT: Corpbank’s Bond Default Dents Bulgaria’s Credibility
- » Reuters: Risk Rises KTB Bondholders Will Seek Legal Action
- » FT: Kristalina Georgieva 'Among Most Effective Commissioners'