Winter-Only Weddings - Bulgarian Muslims Say 'I do'
The people of this Bulgarian town of Ribnovo are famous for performing their unique wedding ceremonies in winter time only.
The inhabitants of the mountain village of Ribnovo are Bulgarian-speaking Muslims, sometimes referred to as "Pomaks" or "people who have suffered". Muslim Bulgarians are descendants of Christian Bulgarians who were forcibly converted to Islam by the Turks, during the 14th, 16th and the 18th century.
- » Nationalism and Unchecked Violence in Bulgaria
- » Happy March 3! Thanks, Russia, Regards to US, Keep in Mind Who's Who
- » Ludogorets come back from dead to down Lazio
- » Bulgaria’s Currency Board Versus Ukraine’s Chaos
- » Young Britons Beaten to Jobs by 'New Servant Class' of Immigrants
- » Leaks Suggest Bulgarian MEP Staged Slander Campaign against Georgieva