Winter-Only Weddings - Bulgarian Muslims Say 'I do'
The people of this Bulgarian town of Ribnovo are famous for performing their unique wedding ceremonies in winter time only.
The inhabitants of the mountain village of Ribnovo are Bulgarian-speaking Muslims, sometimes referred to as "Pomaks" or "people who have suffered". Muslim Bulgarians are descendants of Christian Bulgarians who were forcibly converted to Islam by the Turks, during the 14th, 16th and the 18th century.
- » German Intelligence: Russia Has An Interest In Bulgaria's Bankruptcy
- » The NYT: Political Crisis Jeopardizes Future of Bulgarian Bank
- » Gov't Resignation in Bulgaria May Cause Problems for Gazprom
- » Bulgaria Wins Balkan Prize
- » Forbes: The Curious Case of the Bulgarian Bank Runs
- » Westinghouse Most Likely to Win Bulgarian Nuclear Deal