Winter-Only Weddings - Bulgarian Muslims Say 'I do'
The people of this Bulgarian town of Ribnovo are famous for performing their unique wedding ceremonies in winter time only.
The inhabitants of the mountain village of Ribnovo are Bulgarian-speaking Muslims, sometimes referred to as "Pomaks" or "people who have suffered". Muslim Bulgarians are descendants of Christian Bulgarians who were forcibly converted to Islam by the Turks, during the 14th, 16th and the 18th century.
- » Der Spiegel: Putin Seeks to Influence Bulgarian Policy-Making
- » 'How Bulgaria’s New Prime Minister Buries South Stream'
- » The Economist: Bulgaria's GDP to Grow 2.5% Next Year
- » Forbes: Culprits for Events at KTB at Bulgaria's KTB Should Now Be Held Accountable
- » S&P Maintains Stable Outlook on Bulgaria’s Rating
- » Forbes: KTB Crisis 'Looks Like a Game of Bulgarian Musical Chairs'