Winter-Only Weddings - Bulgarian Muslims Say 'I do'
The people of this Bulgarian town of Ribnovo are famous for performing their unique wedding ceremonies in winter time only.
The inhabitants of the mountain village of Ribnovo are Bulgarian-speaking Muslims, sometimes referred to as "Pomaks" or "people who have suffered". Muslim Bulgarians are descendants of Christian Bulgarians who were forcibly converted to Islam by the Turks, during the 14th, 16th and the 18th century.
- » Bulgaria 'Renouncing Its Air Force,' RIA Novosti Says
- » Bulgaria's Outsourcing Potential 'May Come as a Shock' - Channelnomics.eu
- » AFP: Bulgarian Criminals “Are Major Players” in Human Trafficking
- » Al Jazeera: 'In Bulgaria, Refugee Struggle Underlines Elusive European Dream'
- » The Times: Refugees Stepping up Use of Route via ‘Bulgarian Badlands’
- » Bulgaria Drops Three Spots in Fraser Institute’s Economic Freedom Ranking