Deposits of Bulgarians Reached BGN 35.5 B in end-December
Deposits of Bulgarians increased to a new record rate of BGN 35.5 B by December 30, 2012, according to recent data of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).
The monthly increase amounted to BGN 409 M, at the same rate as in November 2011.
The sum includes accrued interests and new deposits.
In November 2012, interest rates on deposits were lower but the deposit base was larger, at BGN 35 B, compared to BGN 31 B in November 2011.
Bulgarians saved BGN 4.1 B in the period December 2011 – November 2012, up by 25% from the period December 2010 – November 2011.
Deposits of foreign banks in the Bulgarian bank system registered a slight monthly increase in November 2012, growing by BGN 4 M to BGN 5.33 B.
Over the past 12 months, deposits of foreign banks in the Bulgarian bank system decreased by BGN 817 M.
Other deposits (of companies, state bodies, etc) also registered a slight monthly increase, up by BGN 73 M to BGN 21.4 B and an annual increase of BGN 1.13 B.
As of January 1, 2013, interest earned on deposits of natural persons will be taxed at 10%.
- » Bulgarian Govt Debt Rises to EUR 13.35 B at End-March
- » Bulgaria Expects Budget Surplus to Exceed BGN 2.3 B at End of April
- » Bulgaria’s End-February Gross Foreign Debt Falls 0.7% from End-2015
- » Bulgaria's Government Deficit, Debt Stood at 2.1 %, 26.7 % in 2015
- » Bulgarian Company Wins DFC Innovation Award
- » Jan-Feb FDI in Bulgaria Drops - C-bank