North Korea's Secretive Leader Said to Have Become Father
TV images have prompted reports that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un may have become a father.
The secretive leader's wife, Ri Sol-ju, appeared to be pregnant in mid-December when she attended a memorial service for her husband's late father, Kim Jong-Il.
However, images of her attending an official New Year's party showed her wearing a well-fitted two-piece skirt suit with no physical sign of pregnancy.
International media say that speculation has been fuelled by an official performance, which included an all-woman band singing a version of the Christmas favourite When a Child is Born made popular by Johnny Mathis.
A South Korean government official, quoted by Yonhap news agency, said Ri "appeared to have already given birth, based on analysis of the TV images".
- » German President to Meet Party Leaders on Thursday
- » Death Toll Rises to 184 in Attack on Mosque in Egypt's North Sinai
- » Eight North Koreans were Found off the Coast of Japan
- » EU Pushes Reforms as Ukraine Seeks Membership Promise
- » South Korean Scientists have Found an Effective Cure Against Baldness
- » Terrorist Attack in Egypt, Many People Died