Putin Grants Depardieu Russian Citizenship
Russian President Vladimir Putin has inked a decree to grant famous French actor Gerard Depardieu Russian citizenship.
"In accordance with clause "a" of article 89 of the Russian Constitution, the application for Russian citizenship by Gerard Xavier Depardieu born in France in 1948 has been granted," the Kremlin press office said in a statement Thursday, as cited by RIA Novosti.
Depardieu recently announced that he was fleeing to Belgium to dodge France's new massive tax hike on the rich of 75 per cent on all earnings over one million euros.
The new 75% tax rate on incomes above EUR 1 M was overturned by France's Constitutional Council on Saturday.
- » Bulgaria's SAC Revokes Fingerprint Identification for Hospital Patients
- » MIHALKOVO: the Only Company For Naturally Aerated Water in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks World Theater Day with Ikar Awards
- » Bulgaria Switches Back to Daylight Saving Time on Sunday Morning
- » Orthodox Bulgaria Celebrates Annunciation
- » Earth Hour Campaign Will be Marked For The 10th Time