Putin Grants Depardieu Russian Citizenship
Russian President Vladimir Putin has inked a decree to grant famous French actor Gerard Depardieu Russian citizenship.
"In accordance with clause "a" of article 89 of the Russian Constitution, the application for Russian citizenship by Gerard Xavier Depardieu born in France in 1948 has been granted," the Kremlin press office said in a statement Thursday, as cited by RIA Novosti.
Depardieu recently announced that he was fleeing to Belgium to dodge France's new massive tax hike on the rich of 75 per cent on all earnings over one million euros.
The new 75% tax rate on incomes above EUR 1 M was overturned by France's Constitutional Council on Saturday.
- » Body of Girl Found Nearly Month After She Went Missing in Danube River Near Bulgaria's Silistra
- » Man Dies After Pursuit with Police in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
- » Authorities Lift Bathing Ban on Beach in Bulgaria's Varna
- » One Pupil Injured After Being Stabbed by Schoolmate in Sofia
- » Rescuers in Bulgaria's Plovdiv Continue to Search Maritsa River for Missing Young Man
- » Cultural Heritage House Collapses in Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo