Putin Grants Depardieu Russian Citizenship
Russian President Vladimir Putin has inked a decree to grant famous French actor Gerard Depardieu Russian citizenship.
"In accordance with clause "a" of article 89 of the Russian Constitution, the application for Russian citizenship by Gerard Xavier Depardieu born in France in 1948 has been granted," the Kremlin press office said in a statement Thursday, as cited by RIA Novosti.
Depardieu recently announced that he was fleeing to Belgium to dodge France's new massive tax hike on the rich of 75 per cent on all earnings over one million euros.
The new 75% tax rate on incomes above EUR 1 M was overturned by France's Constitutional Council on Saturday.
- » 4 People Dead, 15 Injured in Road Accidents During the Past Day
- » Code Yellow Warning Issued Over Heavy Rain in 18 Bulgarian Districts
- » 3 People Dead, 23 Injured in Road Accidents During Past Day
- » 100 Bulgarian Books Were Introduced to the Library of Congress in Washington D.C
- » Bulgarian Christians Celebrate Ascension of Christ
- » International Poetry Festival Begins Today in Plovdiv