Israel Bans Skinny Fashion Models
Fashion companies in Israel will be required to use models with healthy body types, according to new legislation passed by the Knesset.
The act comes in a bid to protect the health of workers in the field and to attract attention to eating disorders.
Only fashion models with a body weight index over 18.5 will be allowed to work in the country.
Companies will have to present a medical file of their employee, certifying she maintained a healthy body weight for 3 months prior to a given photo session or show.
The legislation also restricts the digital tampering of photos to visually reduce the weight of the model, with companies required to explicitly label the pictures as modified.
Some 90% of Israel's population suffering from eating disorders is estimated to comprise young girls aged 12-20.
- » Beyoncé and Jay Z have welcomed their twins
- » Torrent Trackers Zamunda.Net, Zamunda.Se Operational Again
- » Three SkyscrapersTo Be Built in Bulgaria's Sofia
- » Daily Mirror: Nicole Sherzinger Says She's Happy with Grigor Dimitrov
- » Danish Architect Jan Gehl Invited To Consult on Sofia as Green City Vision
- » Sofia Municipality To Renovate Zapaden Park