Heavy Traffic on Major Bulgaria-Greece Road after Holidays
Heavy traffic is taking place Wednesday on the international E-79 road linking Bulgaria and Greece, with people returning from holidays.
Kilometers long lines have formed in the areas of Blagoevgrad and Kresna Gorge in Bulgaria in the afternoon.
A chain car accident involving three vehicles had the road closed for half an hour Wednesday.
The increased traffic is due to Greek citizens returing from vacation in Bulgaria, and Bulgarians and Romanians coming back from Greece after Christmas and New Year's.
- » State of Emergency Declared in Bulgaria’s Burgas, Gabrovo, Smolyan
- » Heavy Snow, Rain Cause Chaos Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 17 Bulgarian Districts Over First Snow
- » Construction of Sofia's 3rd Metro Line Could Be Delayed Over Appeals
- » Over 15 000 People Not Let Into Bulgaria in 2014
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains