Plovdiv Airport Launches 3rd Flight to London
The international airport in Bulgaria's second largest city of Plovdiv is launching at the very beginning of 2013 a new flight to London.
Until now, there were only 2 flights to this destination – on Tuesdays and Saturdays, but there is huge interest for it, thus the decision to add another one. The flight is only in one direction and accommodates 189 passengers. All seats for the next 2 months are already sold out.
The airport's Director, Doychin Angelov, further informs that the number of passengers and, consequently, the revenues are constantly going up. In 2009, the airport has served 22 000 passengers while now this number stands at over 76 000.
The winter charter program is already in place with 3 flights a week from Moscow and 1 from Belfast. By mid-January, 2 Russian companies will launch 3 to 4 new flights.
There is ongoing construction of a new parking lot with 150 spaces, since the current one is limited to 50 automobiles and 20 buses.
- » Tourism Minister Expects 1.5 Million Russians to Visit Bulgaria in 2016
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad, Visits of Foreign Residents Rise in October
- » Bulgaria’s Business Climate Worsens in November
- » Bulgaria Opens Tender for Oil/Gas Exploration in Varna Region
- » Bulgarians to Have Four Long Weekends in 2016
- » Bulgarian National Bank Presents New BGN 2 Coin