Plovdiv Airport Launches 3rd Flight to London
The international airport in Bulgaria's second largest city of Plovdiv is launching at the very beginning of 2013 a new flight to London.
Until now, there were only 2 flights to this destination – on Tuesdays and Saturdays, but there is huge interest for it, thus the decision to add another one. The flight is only in one direction and accommodates 189 passengers. All seats for the next 2 months are already sold out.
The airport's Director, Doychin Angelov, further informs that the number of passengers and, consequently, the revenues are constantly going up. In 2009, the airport has served 22 000 passengers while now this number stands at over 76 000.
The winter charter program is already in place with 3 flights a week from Moscow and 1 from Belfast. By mid-January, 2 Russian companies will launch 3 to 4 new flights.
There is ongoing construction of a new parking lot with 150 spaces, since the current one is limited to 50 automobiles and 20 buses.
- » Bulgarian Gas Reserves in Chiren Depot to 'Enough for 45 Days'
- » Bulgaria's New Debtors – Young Adults With No Stable Income
- » Bulgarian Banks Increase Their Profit In 2013
- » Qatar Interested in Tourism, Real Estate Investments in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Third Countries Trade Tumbles in Jan 2014
- » Ancient Roman Fortress Restored in Bulgaria's Montana