Bulgarian Capital with Ambitious Overhaul Plan
In 2013, the Sofia City Hall plans a major rehabilitation of the capital's main boulevards and modernization of its public transportation.
Infrastructure works include new two-level intersections and road expansion and repairs.
The public transportation modernization will involve all types of transport – the subway, the buses, the trams, and the trolleys. The City Hall will purchase in 2013 ten new metro trains to serve its first line which is to reach the Sofia International Airport and the Business Park in the "Mladost 4" district.
Sofia also plans to purchase 20 new modern tram cars which will consume less energy and will have lower harmful emissions.
- » Bulgaria’s National Electric Company Reports BGN 425M Loss in end-Sept
- » 3 Big Outsourcing Firms to Open Offices in Plovdiv Within Months
- » Bulgaria-Macedonia Rail Line to Start Functioning in 2022
- » Flydubai Airline To Fly Between Sofia and Dubai
- » Construction of 2 New Bulgaria-Romania Bridges to Start by 2017
- » GERB Withdraws Proposal to Save KTB Through Legal Changes