Bulgarian Capital with Ambitious Overhaul Plan
In 2013, the Sofia City Hall plans a major rehabilitation of the capital's main boulevards and modernization of its public transportation.
Infrastructure works include new two-level intersections and road expansion and repairs.
The public transportation modernization will involve all types of transport – the subway, the buses, the trams, and the trolleys. The City Hall will purchase in 2013 ten new metro trains to serve its first line which is to reach the Sofia International Airport and the Business Park in the "Mladost 4" district.
Sofia also plans to purchase 20 new modern tram cars which will consume less energy and will have lower harmful emissions.
- » Bulgarian Energy Group BEH Places EUR 550 M Bond Issue - Minister
- » U.S. Delegation Visits Bulgarian Arms Maker VMZ Sopot to Discuss Expansion of Ties
- » Bulgaria Expects 10% Rise in Tourist Numbers in Summer 2016
- » Bulgaria Says Gas Link with Romania to Be Completed in Autumn 2016
- » Bulgaria Says China Proposing to Invest USD 100 M in Car Wheel Plant in Ruse
- » Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria to Test Bi-Directional Gas Flows by Year's End