Bulgarian Capital with Ambitious Overhaul Plan
In 2013, the Sofia City Hall plans a major rehabilitation of the capital's main boulevards and modernization of its public transportation.
Infrastructure works include new two-level intersections and road expansion and repairs.
The public transportation modernization will involve all types of transport – the subway, the buses, the trams, and the trolleys. The City Hall will purchase in 2013 ten new metro trains to serve its first line which is to reach the Sofia International Airport and the Business Park in the "Mladost 4" district.
Sofia also plans to purchase 20 new modern tram cars which will consume less energy and will have lower harmful emissions.
- » Finance Ministry Reopens 7-Year Issue of EUR-Denominated Govt Securities
- » Construction of South Stream Underwater Section to Start December 15
- » Israel 'to Offer Gas Pipeline Project' to EU
- » Bulgaria to Receive EUR 25 M in Kozloduy NPP Decommissioning Aid in 2015
- » Banks to Repay KTB Deposits Unveiled
- » Business In Bulgaria Pays Sixth Lowest Taxes In Europe - Survey