Jol Has Nothing but Praise for Berbatov after Fulham Win
Fulham boss Martin Jol has heaped praise on the contribution that Bulgarian player Dimitar Berbatov made to secure his side's 2-1 win over West Brom on New Year's Day.
The Cottagers had been without a win in four games but dispatched Steve Clarke's men at the Hawthorns thanks to goals from Berbatov and Alexander Kacaniklic.
"[Berbatov] is different, people criticize him because he's not always great, but he's always angry with himself so that is another way to look at it," Jol told Sky Sports.
"He wants us to win, he wants us to do well and to pass it. I'm very happy with him, but he's not the only player, we've got some good players the only thing is away from home against a team like West Brom you need all the quality and all the attitude and that is what we showed today.
"We started off very bright, we kept possession, we pressurized their midfield early enough to get something from it first half. Second half they changed it and pushed forward, but after 20 minutes we found ourselves back into the game.
"The most important thing is the three points for us, because I think we are in a false position but you get what you deserve and the league doesn't lie so we have to get the points to start the new year with three points is great."
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Andy Murray in Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis, Reaches Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Crashes Out of Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round in Melbourne
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Defeats Heather Watson in Australian Open First Round
- » Bulgaria to Provide BGN 1.1 M for Hosting U-17 Euro in 2015