Fireworks Claim 2nd Life in Bulgaria
A 49-year-old man has perished in Nikolovo, a village in Northeastern Bulgarian District Ruse, in an incident with fireworks.
The latest firework death is the second in Bulgaria in just a few days as earlier a seven-year-old kid died as a result of a firework explosion in the village of Turkmen near Plovdiv.
49-year-old Stefan Velev died shortly after New Year's after he lit up his last fireworks outside of his village located a lake near the village of Nikolovo. The firework blast blew up half of his head.
In a separate incident near Plovdiv, a 35-year-old man lost his arm.
A total of seven people were hospitalized in Sofia on New Year's Day with various injuries resulting from fireworks and their improper use.
- » Today Is European 'No Elevators Day'
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C
- » Bulgaria Ranks Lowest Among All EU Countries in Reporters Without Borders’ World Press Freedom Index
- » Employment Rate in Bulgaria Going Up
- » Two People Dead, One’s Life in Danger After Road Accidents in the Past Day
- » Until 17:00h on April 27, Transit Through the Vitinya Tunnel on Hemus Motorway Is Stopped