Fireworks Claim 2nd Life in Bulgaria
A 49-year-old man has perished in Nikolovo, a village in Northeastern Bulgarian District Ruse, in an incident with fireworks.
The latest firework death is the second in Bulgaria in just a few days as earlier a seven-year-old kid died as a result of a firework explosion in the village of Turkmen near Plovdiv.
49-year-old Stefan Velev died shortly after New Year's after he lit up his last fireworks outside of his village located a lake near the village of Nikolovo. The firework blast blew up half of his head.
In a separate incident near Plovdiv, a 35-year-old man lost his arm.
A total of seven people were hospitalized in Sofia on New Year's Day with various injuries resulting from fireworks and their improper use.
- » Maglizh Ammo Plant Blast Caused by Breakdown - Interior Ministry
- » Bulgarian Ammo Plant Blast Leaves 1 Dead, 3 Wounded, Officials Confirm
- » Bulgarian MPs Pass BGN 3 B Healthcare Budget
- » Protesters Demand Resignation of Bulgaria's Finance Minister
- » Man Presumed Dead After Blast at Bulgarian Hunting Ammo Factory
- » Woman Finds Hand Grenade In Sofia