Fireworks Claim 2nd Life in Bulgaria
A 49-year-old man has perished in Nikolovo, a village in Northeastern Bulgarian District Ruse, in an incident with fireworks.
The latest firework death is the second in Bulgaria in just a few days as earlier a seven-year-old kid died as a result of a firework explosion in the village of Turkmen near Plovdiv.
49-year-old Stefan Velev died shortly after New Year's after he lit up his last fireworks outside of his village located a lake near the village of Nikolovo. The firework blast blew up half of his head.
In a separate incident near Plovdiv, a 35-year-old man lost his arm.
A total of seven people were hospitalized in Sofia on New Year's Day with various injuries resulting from fireworks and their improper use.
- » Urban Saints - an Exhibition by Stefan Vasilev
- » Embassy Of Azerbaijan Celebrates Spring with Music Concert Held at The Central Military Club
- » Economist Intelligence Unit: Singapore Most Expensive City Worldwide
- » Personality in the News Awards 2017
- » US Billionaire Philanthropist David Rockefeller Dies at 101
- » Vernal Equinox: First Day of Spring 2017