Waste Sorting Becomes Obligatory for Bulgarian Firms
All firms in Bulgaria have become obliged to separate their waste from paper, plastic, glass, and metals as of January 1, 2013.
Under Bulgarian law, they are now required to transfer their separated garbage to those companies that are licensed for waste trade and processing.
Before January 1, 2013, the obligation for waste sorting was in place in Bulgaria only for industrial producers but now applies to any firms that use commercial, industrial, or administrative buildings.
Local mayors are in charge of supervising the application of the garbage separation legislation, with each individual municipality in Bulgaria deciding on the sanctioning authority which could be the local inspectorate, environmental police, or individual inspectors.
Firms face fines of BGN 3000 – BGN 10 000 for their first violation.
- » Telenor Bulgaria to Offer 4G Services from Next Month
- » Bulgaria, China to Deepen Cooperation in Infrastructure, Nuclear Power
- » Bulgaria Reports No Change in Russian Gas Supply, Transit Volumes
- » Bulgarian Development Bank to Step up Ties with China’s ICBC
- » Bulgarian Tourism Industry Feels Modestly Optimistic about Winter Season
- » Chinese Companies Show Interest Towards Bulgarian Infrastructure Projects