Beijing, Shanghai Introduce 72-hour Visa-Free Entry for Bulgarians
As of January 1, 2013 Beijing and Shanghai authorities allow Bulgarians landing in the cities but destined for other countries 72 hours to roam around the city without having to apply for a visa.
The move applies to the citizens of 45 countries and is designed to promote the Chinese megapolises' tourism industry.
Five million foreign tourists visit Beijing annually, and local authorities expect the number to double over the next three years.
Experts estimate that the policy will inject some 4 billion yuan (USD 633.42 M) into the capital's economy every year.
Before the new regulation was put into practice foreign travelers who were transiting through Beijing were allowed a maximum stay of 24 hours and were not allowed to leave the airport area.
Shanghai had implemented 48-hour visa waiver for travelers in transit from some countries.
- » Wizz Air Orders 146 New Planes worth $17.2bn And Announces New Routes From Sofia
- » Minister Angelkova: We have Always Supported the Construction of a 2nd Lift in Bansko
- » Violations in Bulgarian Winter Resorts Decreased
- » Bulgaria and Russia will Offer Joint Cruises in the Black Sea
- » In September 2017, 72.7% of All Nights Spent by Foreign Citizens Were Realized in 4 and 5 Star Hotels
- » Protesters Want a Second Lift in Bansko Winter Resort