Beijing, Shanghai Introduce 72-hour Visa-Free Entry for Bulgarians
As of January 1, 2013 Beijing and Shanghai authorities allow Bulgarians landing in the cities but destined for other countries 72 hours to roam around the city without having to apply for a visa.
The move applies to the citizens of 45 countries and is designed to promote the Chinese megapolises' tourism industry.
Five million foreign tourists visit Beijing annually, and local authorities expect the number to double over the next three years.
Experts estimate that the policy will inject some 4 billion yuan (USD 633.42 M) into the capital's economy every year.
Before the new regulation was put into practice foreign travelers who were transiting through Beijing were allowed a maximum stay of 24 hours and were not allowed to leave the airport area.
Shanghai had implemented 48-hour visa waiver for travelers in transit from some countries.
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Rise 21% Y/Y in June
- » Bulgaria Expects 10% Rise in Tourist Numbers in Summer 2016
- » Number of Turkish Tourists to Bulgaria Rising
- » Bulgarian Resorts to Start Hiring Seasonal Workers from Abroad
- » Nearly Two Million Foreign Tourists Visited Bulgaria in Jan-May 2016
- » Bulgaria Reports Congestion at Crossings on Border with Greece