Falling Rock Hits Car, Injures One, in Southern Bulgaria
A 27-year old man travelling by car from the Pamporovo winter resort to the southern city of Smolyan has been injured by falling rock.
The incident happened at around 1.20 p.m. on Sunday, according to reports of Darik radio.
The chunk of road fell on a Renault 19 driven by a 25-year old woman from the village of Borovina.
The 27-year old man from Smolyan, who sat next to the driver, suffered a bruise in his right shoulder and cuts to his face.
The man refused medical attention.
The site of the incident was examined by traffic police officers.
Local authorities in Smolyan have been warning over the past few days that drivers should stay alert and use caution traveling through the area due to landslides.
- » Today Is European 'No Elevators Day'
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C
- » Bulgaria Ranks Lowest Among All EU Countries in Reporters Without Borders’ World Press Freedom Index
- » Employment Rate in Bulgaria Going Up
- » Two People Dead, One’s Life in Danger After Road Accidents in the Past Day
- » Until 17:00h on April 27, Transit Through the Vitinya Tunnel on Hemus Motorway Is Stopped