Falling Rock Hits Car, Injures One, in Southern Bulgaria
A 27-year old man travelling by car from the Pamporovo winter resort to the southern city of Smolyan has been injured by falling rock.
The incident happened at around 1.20 p.m. on Sunday, according to reports of Darik radio.
The chunk of road fell on a Renault 19 driven by a 25-year old woman from the village of Borovina.
The 27-year old man from Smolyan, who sat next to the driver, suffered a bruise in his right shoulder and cuts to his face.
The man refused medical attention.
The site of the incident was examined by traffic police officers.
Local authorities in Smolyan have been warning over the past few days that drivers should stay alert and use caution traveling through the area due to landslides.
- » People in Bourgas are Protesting Against the Air Pollution in the City
- » Drunk Passenger Forced a Plane from Poland to Egypt to Make an Emergency Landing in Sofia
- » 17 People were Injured in a Railway Accident in Slovakia
- » For the next school year, half of the schools will have lockers
- » Electric pillar fell on children in Pazardzhik
- » Top Bottled Water Brands Contaminated with Plastic Particles