Vladimir Nikolov to Manage Bulgaria's National Men Volleyball Team
Vladimir Nikolov has accepted the proposal of head coach Camillo Placi to become manager of the Bulgarian national men volleyball team.
Nikolov, former captain of the team, confirmed the news in an interview for TV7, as cited by Sega daily.
35-year Nikolov was invited to become a manager of the national team over a month ago and he gave a positive answer to Placi a few days ago.
Nikolov's office will combine the responsibilities of Nikolay Nikolov, director of the national men volleyball team, and Georgi Sbchev, team manager.
Nikolov has no intention of ending his playing career.
Nikolov currently plays for Turkish volleyball club Galatasaray.
Meanwhile, it was announced Sunday that Bulgarian volleyball coach and former national team captain Plamen Konstantinov was one of the options to replace Russian national volley coach Vladimir Alekno, who resigned several days ago.
- » Kubrat Pulev Triumphs over Simon Peter, Grabbing WBA Boxing Belt
- » Bulgaria's CSKA Pledges Donation to Family of Chapecoense Plane Crash Victim
- » Bulgaria's Pulev to Face Samuel Peter for WBA Boxing Title on Saturday
- » Sofia to Host European Homeless Cup Next Year
- » Former Bayern Munich President Gets Re-elected
- » Bulgaria's Football Team Progresses in FIFA Rankings