Bulgaria's Konstantinov Could Coach Russia Volley
Bulgarian volleyball coach and former national team captain Plamen Konstantinov is among the names pointed as substitutes for resigned Russian national volley coach Vladimir Alekno.
Alekno announced his resignation late Saturday evening, after the finals of Russia's Volleyball Cup, in which his Zenit Kazan lost to Belogorie Belogorod 1:3.
According to Russian Volleyball Federation chair Alexander Vladimirov, it would be best if the national team could keep Alekno, who led the team to gold medals in the 2012 London Olympics.
Speaking to the website RSport.ru, Vladimirov said that at any rate the national team should have a Russian coach.
But then he went on to add the name of Bulgaria's Plamen Konstantinov, who he said "knows Russian very well."
Presently Konstantinov is coaching Russian team Gubernia Nizhny Novgorod, after coaching Gazprom Yugra last season.
- » Perfect Start for Grigor Dimitrov in Barcelona
- » Mohamed Salah: Liverpool Forward Voted PFA Player of the Year 2017-18
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beat David Goffin in Quarter-finals
- » Breaking News: Arsen Wenger is Leaving Arsenal at the End of the Season
- » Grigor Dimitrov Reached the Quarter-finals in Monte Carlo
- » Dimitrov through in Monte Carlo