Sofia Launches Underage Drinking Checks for New Year's
Inspections for underage drinking in restaurants and bars have started Sunday in Bulgarian capital Sofia ahead of New Year's Eve Monday.
The Sofia Town Hall Inspectorate is performing the checks on an order by mayor Yoranka Fandakova.
Inspectors will look into whether persons under 18 are consuming alcohol and whether they are out after 10 pm without a parent or a designated compainion of age, as per regulations.
Restaurant and bar owners found to be in breach will be fined BGN 300-1,500 and BGN 1,500-2,500 for a repeated occurence.
- » 'Socialist Beer' Adds Appeal to Traditional Buzludzha Fest
- » Bulgarian High School Students Win Gold, 2 Silver Medals at International Olympiad in Informatics
- » Inactivity Rate of Young People in Bulgaria at nearly 73% in 2014
- » Robbie Williams to Perform With His Father at Bulgaria's Spirit of Burgas
- » Bulgaria Will Have World's Most Rapidly Shrinking Population in Next 35 Years - UN
- » Thracian Treasures Return to Bulgaria After Exhibition in Louvre