Sofia Launches Underage Drinking Checks for New Year's
Inspections for underage drinking in restaurants and bars have started Sunday in Bulgarian capital Sofia ahead of New Year's Eve Monday.
The Sofia Town Hall Inspectorate is performing the checks on an order by mayor Yoranka Fandakova.
Inspectors will look into whether persons under 18 are consuming alcohol and whether they are out after 10 pm without a parent or a designated compainion of age, as per regulations.
Restaurant and bar owners found to be in breach will be fined BGN 300-1,500 and BGN 1,500-2,500 for a repeated occurence.
- » Minor 2.9-Magnitude Earthquake Registered West of Bulgaria's Smolyan
- » Fatal Elevator Collapse in Sofia Attributed to Poor-Quality Repairs
- » WWF Launches River Conservation Campaign in Bulgaria
- » Interim FM Warns of Risk of Refugee Influx Due to Conflict in Iraq
- » Bulgaria 9th by Civil Society Development Out of 29 CEE Countries
- » Elevator Collapse in Sofia Leaves 1 Dead, 1 in Critical Condition