Sofia Launches Underage Drinking Checks for New Year's
Inspections for underage drinking in restaurants and bars have started Sunday in Bulgarian capital Sofia ahead of New Year's Eve Monday.
The Sofia Town Hall Inspectorate is performing the checks on an order by mayor Yoranka Fandakova.
Inspectors will look into whether persons under 18 are consuming alcohol and whether they are out after 10 pm without a parent or a designated compainion of age, as per regulations.
Restaurant and bar owners found to be in breach will be fined BGN 300-1,500 and BGN 1,500-2,500 for a repeated occurence.
- » The Weather Today Will be Sunny With Temperatures Between 25°C and 30°C
- » Today Is European 'No Elevators Day'
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C
- » Bulgaria Ranks Lowest Among All EU Countries in Reporters Without Borders’ World Press Freedom Index
- » Employment Rate in Bulgaria Going Up
- » Two People Dead, One’s Life in Danger After Road Accidents in the Past Day