UN Envoy: Syria Getting Worse, Solution Still Possible
UN and Arab League envoy for Syria Lakhdar Brahimi has stated that the situation in the country deteriorating, but a peaceful solution is still possible.
Speaking in Sunday in front of the Arab League, Brahimi said Sunday he believes his plan, based on an agreement signed in Geneva earlier this year, "could be adopted by the international community."
The envoy added that he hopes the solution could be adopted before the second anniversary of the Syria in March 2013.
However, Brahimi assessed the current situation in Syria as "getting worse by the day."
Saturday, Brahimi met in Moscow Russian Foreign Affairs Minister Sergey Lavrov, with the two making clear that Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad has no intentions to step down from power.
- » Russia 'Piling Up Troops, Equipment at Ukraine Border'
- » Major FIFA Sponsors Warn of Withdrawal
- » EU Commission Unveils Migrant Relocation & Resettlement Plan
- » Macedonian Opposition Leader Zaev Expects Crisis Will Be Over by End-June
- » Russian Official Declares Mistral Deal Dead
- » British Queen Announces EU Referendum to Be Held Before End of 2017