Bulgaria to Have New Penal Code
Bulgaria's Justice Ministry is working on a new Penal Code to be discussed with NGOs and citizens, according to Justice Minister, Diana Kovacheva.
Kovacheva pledged to not submit for consideration with the Council of Ministers a Penal Code that has not been debated by all sides and everyone with an opinion.
She listed as other top priorities for her institution the start of a training program for magistrates who will work in cases involving children and improvement of conditions in Bulgarian prisons.
On the controversial election of Sotir Tsatsarov as the country's new Chief Prosecutor, the Minister underscored that the vote has been fair and honest, without any questions known by the candidates in advance, without easing the procedure for any of them, all while maintaining the secrecy of the vote.
- » Valuable Ancient Jewelry Found in Private Home in Bulgaria's Nikopol
- » Death Toll in Italian Earthquake Rises to 247
- » 8-century Old Church in Melnik Now Opens for Visitors
- » Fire on One of Plovdiv's Historic Hills
- » Death Toll from Italian Earthquake Reaches 38
- » Earthquake of 6.2 Magnitude Shakes Central Italy, at least Five Dead