Bulgaria to Have New Penal Code
Bulgaria's Justice Ministry is working on a new Penal Code to be discussed with NGOs and citizens, according to Justice Minister, Diana Kovacheva.
Kovacheva pledged to not submit for consideration with the Council of Ministers a Penal Code that has not been debated by all sides and everyone with an opinion.
She listed as other top priorities for her institution the start of a training program for magistrates who will work in cases involving children and improvement of conditions in Bulgarian prisons.
On the controversial election of Sotir Tsatsarov as the country's new Chief Prosecutor, the Minister underscored that the vote has been fair and honest, without any questions known by the candidates in advance, without easing the procedure for any of them, all while maintaining the secrecy of the vote.
- » Bulgarian Faithful Hold Easter Procession with 'Virgin Mary Icon'
- » Bulgaria Enforces Restrictions to Truck Movement for Holiday Returns
- » Alexander Nevsky Cathedral to Remain Open All Night on Sunday
- » Bulgarian Police Estimate 20 000 Drivers Have No Licenses
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 140 Years Since April Uprising
- » Bulgarians Celebrate Orthodox Easter