Bulgaria to Have New Penal Code
Bulgaria's Justice Ministry is working on a new Penal Code to be discussed with NGOs and citizens, according to Justice Minister, Diana Kovacheva.
Kovacheva pledged to not submit for consideration with the Council of Ministers a Penal Code that has not been debated by all sides and everyone with an opinion.
She listed as other top priorities for her institution the start of a training program for magistrates who will work in cases involving children and improvement of conditions in Bulgarian prisons.
On the controversial election of Sotir Tsatsarov as the country's new Chief Prosecutor, the Minister underscored that the vote has been fair and honest, without any questions known by the candidates in advance, without easing the procedure for any of them, all while maintaining the secrecy of the vote.
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd Worldwide In Terms Of Deats Due To Air Pollution
- » Pioneering Maritime Archaeology in Black Sea
- » Bulgaria's Education System Faces Severe Cadre Crisis Due To Retirement of Teachers
- » Bulgarian Union of Banat Leader Nikolai Mirkovic Passes Away
- » Bulgarian PM, Azerbaijan's First Lady Unveil Renovated Historical Site
- » 10% of Sofia Univeristy Places Remain Vacant After Third-Round Admission