Turkish Businessman Beaten to Death near Bulgaria's Plovdiv
Turkish national Ender Penderli, renter of a restaurant on the road connecting the southern Bulgarian city of Plovdiv and the village of Popovitsa, has been beaten to death.
According to reports of Darik radio, Penderli was attacked by a group of men at the parking lot of the restaurant.
The tip-off for the accident was received by the District Police Directorate in Plovdiv at 20:35 on Friday.
The 31-year-old man was taken to hospital with multiple head injuries and died half an hour later.
The attackers fled in three cars in the direction of Plovdiv.
Around 30 minutes after the beating, a police patrol at the entrance of Plovdiv stopped a Mercedes carrying five of the assaulters.
According to police experts, the men are from the Stolipinovo Roma district of the southern Bulgarian city.
The Turkish national is believed to have been beaten up due to unsettled financial relations.
The prosecuting authority is expected to press murder charges.
Todor Chonov, Director of the District Police Directorate in Plovdiv, made clear Saturday that ten people had been arrested in connection with the offense.
The investigation into the case continues.
- » Bomb Exploded in front of a Police Station in Sweden
- » 2 Police Officers Arrested and Charged with Drug Distribution and Taking Bribes
- » Turkey Arrests 4 People Over Explosion at Tupras Refinery
- » 73-year-old Man gave BGN 100 000 to Telephone Scammers in Sofia
- » The Police Arrested a Commander from Islamic State in Special Operation in Sofia (Video)
- » Police Chief in Plovdiv Detained on Suspicion for Involvement in Telephone Fraud