Cashier at Bulgarian Ministry Charged with Embezzling BGN 4000
The cashier of Bulgaria's Regional Development Ministry was detained Friday on suspicions of embezzling a sum of BGN 4000.
The woman was immediately dismissed through an ordinance of Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova, according to the institution's press office.
The police was notified about the offense by the Regional Development Ministry.
The cashier was detained and taken to the 5th Regional Police Department in Sofia to be questioned.
It was established that the cashier had been handed BGN 20 000 on December 27 to deposit in a bank in connection with the accounting-year end, but she actually deposited a sum of BGN 16 000.
The irregularity was detected and an audit was assigned to shed light on the matter.
During the questioning, the cashier explained that she had withheld the sum of BGN 4000 for personal reasons.
Pre-trial proceedings under Art. 201 of the Penal Code were opened into the case.
- » Ex Military Medical Academy Head Charged with Deliberate Mismanagement
- » Man Shot Dead in Bulgaria's Sofia
- » Foreign National Finds Dead Body Near Bulgaria's Vidin
- » Czech Shooting ‘Not Terrorist Attack’, Interior Minister Chovanec Says
- » At Least Nine People Killed After Shooting in Czech Republic
- » European Court of Human Rights Rules against Bulgaria in 2 Cases