Bulgaria on Alert over Snowfall, Gusty Winds
Six districts in Western Bulgaria are on high alert over potential heavy snowfall, Bulgaria's National Hydrology and Meteorology Institute announced Saturday.
The districts of the City of Sofia, Sofia, Kystendil, Pernik, Montana, and Vidin have declared a code "yellow" situation over the expected snowfall as well as sleet.
At the same time, Bulgaria's Black Sea districts – Varna, Burgas, and Dobrich – have declared a code "yellow" alert over gusty winds coming in from the northeast.
All of Bulgaria is set to see temperatures between -1 and 9 degrees Celsius on Saturday, the Institute said.
- » Bulgarian Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » 6 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rains
- » Sofia Mayor Orders Constant Monitoring of Waterbodies Over Heavy Rainfalls
- » 4 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Alert due to Heavy Rains
- » Berkovitsa Dam Overflowing since Monday, No Risk for People – Mayor
- » Environment Ministry Warns Of New Torrential Rains