Bulgaria on Alert over Snowfall, Gusty Winds
Six districts in Western Bulgaria are on high alert over potential heavy snowfall, Bulgaria's National Hydrology and Meteorology Institute announced Saturday.
The districts of the City of Sofia, Sofia, Kystendil, Pernik, Montana, and Vidin have declared a code "yellow" situation over the expected snowfall as well as sleet.
At the same time, Bulgaria's Black Sea districts – Varna, Burgas, and Dobrich – have declared a code "yellow" alert over gusty winds coming in from the northeast.
All of Bulgaria is set to see temperatures between -1 and 9 degrees Celsius on Saturday, the Institute said.
- » EU Mulls Abandoning Carbon Tax For Intercontinental Flights
- » Bulgaria's Municipalities to Launch Eco Projects Worth BGN 180M
- » Two Light Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria
- » 4.5 Earthquake Shakes Romania’s Vrancea
- » Bulgarian Environment Minister Praises Controversial Green Policies
- » Mild Earthquake Registered in Southwest Bulgaria