Bulgaria on Alert over Snowfall, Gusty Winds
Six districts in Western Bulgaria are on high alert over potential heavy snowfall, Bulgaria's National Hydrology and Meteorology Institute announced Saturday.
The districts of the City of Sofia, Sofia, Kystendil, Pernik, Montana, and Vidin have declared a code "yellow" situation over the expected snowfall as well as sleet.
At the same time, Bulgaria's Black Sea districts – Varna, Burgas, and Dobrich – have declared a code "yellow" alert over gusty winds coming in from the northeast.
All of Bulgaria is set to see temperatures between -1 and 9 degrees Celsius on Saturday, the Institute said.
- » Over the Last Few Days, People have Helped More than 30 Storks
- » Windy Weather, Cold Forecast
- » UN Urges for Quick Action to Preserve Water on Earth
- » Today Comes the Astronomical Spring
- » Snow and Blizzards on the Threshold of Spring in Five Districts
- » The Hurricane Caused 500,000 Leva Worth of Damages in Vratsa