Bulgaria on Alert over Snowfall, Gusty Winds
Six districts in Western Bulgaria are on high alert over potential heavy snowfall, Bulgaria's National Hydrology and Meteorology Institute announced Saturday.
The districts of the City of Sofia, Sofia, Kystendil, Pernik, Montana, and Vidin have declared a code "yellow" situation over the expected snowfall as well as sleet.
At the same time, Bulgaria's Black Sea districts – Varna, Burgas, and Dobrich – have declared a code "yellow" alert over gusty winds coming in from the northeast.
All of Bulgaria is set to see temperatures between -1 and 9 degrees Celsius on Saturday, the Institute said.
- » Sofia's Waste Treatment Plant – Second Largest in Europe
- » Bulgaria Registers Increased Air Pollution Levels
- » Construction Works on Bulgaria's Beach of Coral Will Be Stopped, Official Says
- » Construction Works at Bulgarian Black Sea Coast Campsite Temporarily Stopped
- » Bulgaria to Allocate EU Funding of BGN 115 M to Fighting Air Pollution in Cities
- » Construction Works along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coastline Cause Turmoil