Bulgaria on Alert over Snowfall, Gusty Winds
Six districts in Western Bulgaria are on high alert over potential heavy snowfall, Bulgaria's National Hydrology and Meteorology Institute announced Saturday.
The districts of the City of Sofia, Sofia, Kystendil, Pernik, Montana, and Vidin have declared a code "yellow" situation over the expected snowfall as well as sleet.
At the same time, Bulgaria's Black Sea districts – Varna, Burgas, and Dobrich – have declared a code "yellow" alert over gusty winds coming in from the northeast.
All of Bulgaria is set to see temperatures between -1 and 9 degrees Celsius on Saturday, the Institute said.
- » Bulgaria Warns of Potentially Dangerous Rainfall in Burgas Region
- » Spring-Like Temperatures Expected in Bulgaria This Month
- » EU Project Aims to Return Black Vulture to Bulgaria
- » Code Yellow Warning for Most of Bulgaria as Temperatures Rising
- » Coldest Night of Winter Hits Bulgaria, Warming Ahead
- » Warnings Issued for All Bulgarian Regions as Cold Spell Continues