Bulgaria on Alert over Snowfall, Gusty Winds
Six districts in Western Bulgaria are on high alert over potential heavy snowfall, Bulgaria's National Hydrology and Meteorology Institute announced Saturday.
The districts of the City of Sofia, Sofia, Kystendil, Pernik, Montana, and Vidin have declared a code "yellow" situation over the expected snowfall as well as sleet.
At the same time, Bulgaria's Black Sea districts – Varna, Burgas, and Dobrich – have declared a code "yellow" alert over gusty winds coming in from the northeast.
All of Bulgaria is set to see temperatures between -1 and 9 degrees Celsius on Saturday, the Institute said.
- » Greece asks EU Help Due to Wildfires Made Worse by High Winds
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny Today. Clouds are Expected to Develop in the Afternoon
- » The Lift in Dragalevtsi Stopped Operating
- » The Coniferous Forests in Bulgaria are Dying
- » Hungary Pulls Tainted Egg Products From Shelves
- » Honey Prices Go Up by 20% in Bulgaria