Suspicious Package near US Embassy in Bulgaria Found to Be Garbage
The suspicious package that was reported to the Bulgarian police by the security of the US Embassy in Sofia on Friday has turned out to be a bag full of garbage.
The press service of the Embassy is quoted as saying that there was no threat to the diplomatic mission but that is security reported the package because it look suspicious.
The package was found earlier on Friday left on the ground outside of the US Embassy in the Bulgarian capital Sofia was found earlier.
The security at the US diplomatic mission in Sofia alerted the Bulgarian police about the package at about 10 am on Friday.
The US Embassy security guards noticed the package, which was wrapped in scotch tape, left on the ground near a dumpster.
- » Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva: Common history must bring together two countries, not divide them
- » Trump meets Ukraine's president, U.S. adds to Russia sanctions
- » Deputy PM Valeri Simeonov: It is better to have dialogue with Turkey
- » Prof. Anna Krasteva: Brexit manages to consolidate pro-European attitudes and reduce Euroscepticism
- » Ukrainian President Will Meet Trump on Tuesday
- » Turkey, EU to Discuss Joint Steps Against Terror