Suspicious Package near US Embassy in Bulgaria Found to Be Garbage
The suspicious package that was reported to the Bulgarian police by the security of the US Embassy in Sofia on Friday has turned out to be a bag full of garbage.
The press service of the Embassy is quoted as saying that there was no threat to the diplomatic mission but that is security reported the package because it look suspicious.
The package was found earlier on Friday left on the ground outside of the US Embassy in the Bulgarian capital Sofia was found earlier.
The security at the US diplomatic mission in Sofia alerted the Bulgarian police about the package at about 10 am on Friday.
The US Embassy security guards noticed the package, which was wrapped in scotch tape, left on the ground near a dumpster.
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Discussing Energy Projects, Sanctions Policy on Washington Visit
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Starts U.S. Visit with Meetings on Energy, Trade
- » No Bulgarian Citizens Hurt in Munich Shooting, Consul General Tells PM
- » Bulgaria Meets Canada’s Conditions for Visa Waiver – PM Borisov
- » Bulgaria, U.S. Discuss Exchange of Information on Organised Crime, Terrorism
- » Bulgaria’s Irina Bokova Ranks 3rd in First Vote for Next UN Chief