Suspicious Package Reported near US Embassy in Bulgaria's Sofia
A suspicious package has been found left on the ground outside of the US Embassy in the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
The security at the US diplomatic mission in Sofia alerted the Bulgarian police about the package at about 10 am on Friday, according to a report of the BGNES news agency.
The US Embassy security guards noticed the package, which was wrapped in scotch tape, left on the ground near a dumpster.
The Bulgarian police are still examining the contents of the suspicious package. No bomb threats have been received at the US Embassy in Sofia that can be linked to the package, the police say.
- » Bulgaria’s Sopharma CEO Ognian Donev Charged with BGN 63 M Tax Evasion
- » Prosecuting Authority Resubmits Indictment against ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker Hristo Biserov
- » Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Science Fund Arrested on Suspicion of Murder
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Extend Deadline for Investigation of 2012 Burgas Bus Bombing
- » Anti-Mafia Unit of Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry Neutralized 17 Crime Groups since February 24