Bulgaria's 2012 Christmas Charity Raises BGN 1.5 M
The "Bulgarian Christmas" charity, which was launched for the tenth time at the beginning of December, has collected a total of BGN 1.5 M so far.
The charity campaign saw its culmination on Tuesday, with a special concert staged in front of the National Theater in downtown Sofia.
This year's "Bulgarian Christmas" will continue until January 1.
Short text messages and phone calls to number 1117 for all three mobile operators in Bulgaria at the cost of EUR 0.5, as well as donations made to the bank account opened for the initiative will contribute to the amount collected.
The charity collects funds each year to pay for the treatment of sick children abroad and for purchasing medical equipment for children hospitals and clinics.
For the first time this year the campaign will focus primarily on children with neurological diseases. The choice was made after it emerged that most of the applications submitted for 2011 were related to the treatment of children with such problems.
- » Bulgaria's Smoking Ban Debate To Be Rekindled Again
- » Bulgaria Ranks First in Unfortunate EU Health Statistics
- » Many Bulgarians Travel Over 50 km to See A Doctor
- » Bulgaria and Greece To Set Up Transplantation Network
- » Half of Bulgaria's Medics Will Retire Within 10 Years
- » Bulgaria Launches Valentine's Day AIDS Campaign