100 000 Bulgarians, Greeks Go to One Another's Countries for Christmas
More than 105 000 people have crossed the Bulgarian-Greek border as tourists during the Christmas break so far, according to data of the Bulgarian Border Police.
A total of 25 000 vehicles have also crossed the Bulgarian-Greek border, announced Tuesday Chief Inspector Boyko Bozhkov, regional head of the Border Police in Southern Bulgaria.
10 000 more Greeks have come to Bulgaria for their Christmas vacations than the number of Bulgarians who went to Greece, Bozhkov said.
Most of the Greeks have most likely come to Bulgaria for vacations at some of the Bulgarian winter and ski resorts such as Bansko.
Bozhkov has also announced that before Christmas the Bulgarian police have not registered any major violations on the border crossings with Greece.
- » Ski Resorts Most Popular New Year's Destination for Bulgarians
- » Bansko Ski Slopes Open Partially Friday
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Up 8.9% Oct 2013 Y/Y
- » Bulgaria to Cooperate with Balkan States to Attract Chinese Tourists
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Performs Way above Int'l Average - Deputy Min
- » Environment Inspectors Uncover Violations at Top Bulgarian Ski Resort