Thousands Flock for Christmas Carol Festival in Bulgaria
Thousands of audience and performers have gathered Tuesday for Bulgaria's 19th annual Christmas Carol Feast in the southern city of Yambol.
More than 500 traditional Bulgarian Christmas song singers from 38 formations are participating in this year's festival in Yambol.
This includes children's groups, which started the festivities Tuesday.
The Bulgarian Christmas song, deeply rooted in folk tradition, is sung by young men, who go from house to house wishing health, productivity and good crops to the inhabitants.
Tuesday Sliven metropolitan bishop Yoaniky blessed the participants in the yearly festival.
As usually, the event features local Yambol Christmas carol signers with their peculiar traditions.
- » The Fisherman and the Goldfish Have Their Statue in Bulgaria’s Varna
- » A to JazZ Festival Brings US Legends to Sofia in July
- » Zenith Fusion Festival: Music, Cinema and Insight into Life in Rhodope Mountains
- » Sofia Joins Fete de la Musique With Free Concerts on Three Stages
- » Bulgarian-born Artist Christo Amazes World with Floating Piers
- » Israeli Author Ellis Shuman to Present New Book in Bulgaria