Thousands Flock for Christmas Carol Festival in Bulgaria
Thousands of audience and performers have gathered Tuesday for Bulgaria's 19th annual Christmas Carol Feast in the southern city of Yambol.
More than 500 traditional Bulgarian Christmas song singers from 38 formations are participating in this year's festival in Yambol.
This includes children's groups, which started the festivities Tuesday.
The Bulgarian Christmas song, deeply rooted in folk tradition, is sung by young men, who go from house to house wishing health, productivity and good crops to the inhabitants.
Tuesday Sliven metropolitan bishop Yoaniky blessed the participants in the yearly festival.
As usually, the event features local Yambol Christmas carol signers with their peculiar traditions.
- » Bulgarian Movie "Losers" Claims Main Prize at Moscow International Film Festival
- » Twisted Sister, Within Temptation to Headline Tenth Anniversary of Kavarna Rock
- » National Gallery Square 500 to Admit Visitors Free of Charge on Saturday
- » Kasabian to Headline Second Night at Spirit of Burgas
- » Sofia Isn't Short of Festival Options This Weekend
- » Sofia to Mark Spanish Language Day on June 20