Thousands Flock for Christmas Carol Festival in Bulgaria
Thousands of audience and performers have gathered Tuesday for Bulgaria's 19th annual Christmas Carol Feast in the southern city of Yambol.
More than 500 traditional Bulgarian Christmas song singers from 38 formations are participating in this year's festival in Yambol.
This includes children's groups, which started the festivities Tuesday.
The Bulgarian Christmas song, deeply rooted in folk tradition, is sung by young men, who go from house to house wishing health, productivity and good crops to the inhabitants.
Tuesday Sliven metropolitan bishop Yoaniky blessed the participants in the yearly festival.
As usually, the event features local Yambol Christmas carol signers with their peculiar traditions.
- » Bulgarian National TV Begins Preparations for Hosting Junior Eurovision
- » Red Hot Chilli Pipers Greet Bulgarian Audience Prior to May Performance
- » New High-Tech Theater Performance Premieres in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian President Calls for Turning Cinema into National Priority
- » New Spring Season of Future Shorts Film Festival Comes to Sofia
- » Bulgarian Fantasy Animation Based on Traditional Folklore to be Released Soon