Thousands Flock for Christmas Carol Festival in Bulgaria
Thousands of audience and performers have gathered Tuesday for Bulgaria's 19th annual Christmas Carol Feast in the southern city of Yambol.
More than 500 traditional Bulgarian Christmas song singers from 38 formations are participating in this year's festival in Yambol.
This includes children's groups, which started the festivities Tuesday.
The Bulgarian Christmas song, deeply rooted in folk tradition, is sung by young men, who go from house to house wishing health, productivity and good crops to the inhabitants.
Tuesday Sliven metropolitan bishop Yoaniky blessed the participants in the yearly festival.
As usually, the event features local Yambol Christmas carol signers with their peculiar traditions.
- » Painter Salvador Dali's Body to be Exhumed For Paternity Suit
- » Summer festival OPERA OPEN 2017 - Plovdiv
- » Dance show NEO DERVISH at the ancient theater in Plovdiv
- » Artists Transform Facades into Works of Art in Bulgarian Seaside Town of Ahtopol
- » Three Bulgarian Women Painters with Exhibition at Arte Gallery
- » Rediscover Bulgaria Photo Exhibition on Lover's Bridge in Sofia