Thousands Flock for Christmas Carol Festival in Bulgaria
Thousands of audience and performers have gathered Tuesday for Bulgaria's 19th annual Christmas Carol Feast in the southern city of Yambol.
More than 500 traditional Bulgarian Christmas song singers from 38 formations are participating in this year's festival in Yambol.
This includes children's groups, which started the festivities Tuesday.
The Bulgarian Christmas song, deeply rooted in folk tradition, is sung by young men, who go from house to house wishing health, productivity and good crops to the inhabitants.
Tuesday Sliven metropolitan bishop Yoaniky blessed the participants in the yearly festival.
As usually, the event features local Yambol Christmas carol signers with their peculiar traditions.
- » Children's Museum To Open In Sofia Next Year
- » Monument at Sofia’s NDK Will Most Likely Be Moved
- » Parov Stelar Band To Swing In Sofia On October 3
- » Fourth Edition Of Gorgon Fest To Take Place On Sept. 27
- » European Researchers' Night To Take Place In 6 Bulgarian Cities
- » 13-th Tattoo Fest Sofia To Take Place In October