Thousands Flock for Christmas Carol Festival in Bulgaria
Thousands of audience and performers have gathered Tuesday for Bulgaria's 19th annual Christmas Carol Feast in the southern city of Yambol.
More than 500 traditional Bulgarian Christmas song singers from 38 formations are participating in this year's festival in Yambol.
This includes children's groups, which started the festivities Tuesday.
The Bulgarian Christmas song, deeply rooted in folk tradition, is sung by young men, who go from house to house wishing health, productivity and good crops to the inhabitants.
Tuesday Sliven metropolitan bishop Yoaniky blessed the participants in the yearly festival.
As usually, the event features local Yambol Christmas carol signers with their peculiar traditions.
- » 19th Century Building Collapses in Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo
- » Bulgarian-Finnish Documentary “Love&Engineering” Out in Bulgarian Cinemas
- » Uriah Heep to Perform in Bulgaria's Ruse on May 7
- » Translation of Bulgarian Novel Goes to 2016 PEN Prize Finals
- » Scorpions 50th Anniversary Tour to Include Sofia Concert on July 17
- » Sofia Film Fest 20th Edition to Take Place March10-31