Bulgarian Sailors Stranded in Pakistan to Be Back Home for Christmas
The 10 Bulgarian sailors who were stranded due to a trade dispute in Karachi, Pakistan, are expected to return to Bulgaria before the end of the day Tuesday.
The 10 have already arrived in Istanbul and will be taken with a bus to the Bulgarian city of Burgas, stated their agent V. Ships.
According to the company, the crew were not "held hostage" but rather fulfilled their duty by staying on board until the ship changed owners.
The ship's captain had grounded the vessel two days earlier in Karachi, after which Pakistani authorities ceized all goods carried, except for pork meat, leaving the crew of 12 Ukrainians and 10 Bulgarians in a difficult situation.
- » Technical Problem Blocked Part of Sofia Subway
- » Rare Gold Coin Was Discovered in Burgas District
- » Earthquake in Turkey Causes ''Small Tsunami''
- » A Piece of Insulation Material from an Apartment Building Fell on a Child in Shumen
- » Nude Man Lied Down in the Middle of a Boulevard in the Sofia City Center
- » Sofia will have a Second Archaeological Complex