Bulgarian Sailors Stranded in Pakistan to Be Back Home for Christmas
The 10 Bulgarian sailors who were stranded due to a trade dispute in Karachi, Pakistan, are expected to return to Bulgaria before the end of the day Tuesday.
The 10 have already arrived in Istanbul and will be taken with a bus to the Bulgarian city of Burgas, stated their agent V. Ships.
According to the company, the crew were not "held hostage" but rather fulfilled their duty by staying on board until the ship changed owners.
The ship's captain had grounded the vessel two days earlier in Karachi, after which Pakistani authorities ceized all goods carried, except for pork meat, leaving the crew of 12 Ukrainians and 10 Bulgarians in a difficult situation.
- » Roma to Make Up 1/4 of New Entries into Bulgaria's Labour Market in 2020
- » Asylum Seekers Protest in Bulgaria over Poor Conditions
- » Unique 4th Century Mosaics Discovered in Plovdiv's Large Basilica
- » Dordrecht Museum To Host Oldest Gold of Humankind Exhibition, Varna Treasure
- » Zamunda.Net, Zamunda.SE Become Inaccessible
- » Bulgaria Ransk Last in Europe in Terms of Organ Donors