Bulgarian Sailors Stranded in Pakistan to Be Back Home for Christmas
The 10 Bulgarian sailors who were stranded due to a trade dispute in Karachi, Pakistan, are expected to return to Bulgaria before the end of the day Tuesday.
The 10 have already arrived in Istanbul and will be taken with a bus to the Bulgarian city of Burgas, stated their agent V. Ships.
According to the company, the crew were not "held hostage" but rather fulfilled their duty by staying on board until the ship changed owners.
The ship's captain had grounded the vessel two days earlier in Karachi, after which Pakistani authorities ceized all goods carried, except for pork meat, leaving the crew of 12 Ukrainians and 10 Bulgarians in a difficult situation.
- » Bulgaria’s Vidin Terminates Waste Collection, Disposal Contract with Concessionaire
- » Liberian-Registered Ship Impounded at Varna Port After Unpaid Debt
- » Red Hot Chilli Pipers Greet Bulgarian Audience Prior to May Performance
- » Nineteen People Injured After Explosion in New York City's East Village
- » Intensive Rain Expected Across Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Pazardzhik Declares Partial State of Emergency