Bulgarian Sailors Stranded in Pakistan to Be Back Home for Christmas
The 10 Bulgarian sailors who were stranded due to a trade dispute in Karachi, Pakistan, are expected to return to Bulgaria before the end of the day Tuesday.
The 10 have already arrived in Istanbul and will be taken with a bus to the Bulgarian city of Burgas, stated their agent V. Ships.
According to the company, the crew were not "held hostage" but rather fulfilled their duty by staying on board until the ship changed owners.
The ship's captain had grounded the vessel two days earlier in Karachi, after which Pakistani authorities ceized all goods carried, except for pork meat, leaving the crew of 12 Ukrainians and 10 Bulgarians in a difficult situation.
- » Robbie Williams to Hold First Ever Beach Concert in Burgas
- » BGN 1,000 Fines Proposed for Trash Roamers
- » Bulgaria, Italy to Cooperate in Countering Traffic of Cultural Property
- » Maximum Temperatures in Bulgaria Reaching 37° C
- » Roma People in Garmen Refuse Social Assistance
- » Three-Day Bulgarian Tourist Fair Opens Doors in Paris