27 Illegal Migrants Detained in Bulgaria
Bulgarian border police have detained 27 foreign citizens who illegally tried to cross in from Turkey in the small hours of Christmas day.
The operations took place near the Svilengrad and Lesovo crossing points on Bulgaria's border with Turkey.
The 27 persons detained are citizens of the Palestinian Authroity, Mali, Somalia, Congo, Tunisia, Cameroon, Senegal, Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast and Togo.
They have been lodged in the local's police temporary detention facilities for aliens, while their cases are being investigated further.
- » 10 Officials of Automobile Administration Agency Detained over Corruption
- » 175 illegal Migrants Caught at the Bulgarian Border in March
- » NYT: Toronto Van Driver Kills at Least 10 People
- » Smuggling of Cigarettes in Bulgaria is Currently 6.6%
- » Iraqi Woman Tried to Enter Romania with a Passport Bought in Bulgaria
- » Father Slaughtered his Son in Novi Han