27 Illegal Migrants Detained in Bulgaria
Bulgarian border police have detained 27 foreign citizens who illegally tried to cross in from Turkey in the small hours of Christmas day.
The operations took place near the Svilengrad and Lesovo crossing points on Bulgaria's border with Turkey.
The 27 persons detained are citizens of the Palestinian Authroity, Mali, Somalia, Congo, Tunisia, Cameroon, Senegal, Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast and Togo.
They have been lodged in the local's police temporary detention facilities for aliens, while their cases are being investigated further.
- » Russia Could Have Laundered Up to USD 80 B Via Moldova, Latvia
- » E-mails About Non-existent Debt Steal Personal Data, Passwords
- » Drunk Man Tries to Steal a Car with Small child in Sofia
- » Migrant Injured as Border Police Chase Smugglers' Car
- » Three Bombs Explode in Central Sofia, Police Looking into Hooliganism
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Ambassador to US Quits Warsaw Job after Cosmetics Incident - JTA