27 Illegal Migrants Detained in Bulgaria
Bulgarian border police have detained 27 foreign citizens who illegally tried to cross in from Turkey in the small hours of Christmas day.
The operations took place near the Svilengrad and Lesovo crossing points on Bulgaria's border with Turkey.
The 27 persons detained are citizens of the Palestinian Authroity, Mali, Somalia, Congo, Tunisia, Cameroon, Senegal, Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast and Togo.
They have been lodged in the local's police temporary detention facilities for aliens, while their cases are being investigated further.
- » 23 Customs Officers Detained at Kulata Checkpoint in an Anticorruption Operation
- » Bulgarian Student Found Dead in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Super Modern Greenhouse for Growing Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Man Grievously Injured After He Was Hit by Car in Birkirkara
- » 4 Syrians Face Terrorism Charges in Germany
- » Arrests in Sofia Over Sale of Driver's Licenses