Bulgarian Sailors Stranded in Pakistan May Be Rescued on Monday
The ten Bulgarian sailors that have been stranded in Pakistan may be rescued on Monday, according to Bulgarian media.
The Burgas-based employer of the sailors has told bTV that a contract may be signed on Monday settling a trade dispute regarding the ownership of their cargo ship. The sailors would be consequently placed in a hotel.
On Sunday, it was reported that the Bulgarian and Ukrainian crew of the cargo ship have been left without resources in Pakistan due to the trade dispute.
The ship was grounded in Karachi and a procedure for cutting it for scrap had begun, according to the wife of one of the Bulgarian sailors, who spoke to the Bulgarian National Radio Sunday.
According to the radio, the ship is owned by a Russian company, and had 10 Bulgarian and 12 Ukrainian sailors on board.
The sailors have access to food, water and electricity, Bulgarian media reported early on Monday.
- » Urban Saints - an Exhibition by Stefan Vasilev
- » Embassy Of Azerbaijan Celebrates Spring with Music Concert Held at The Central Military Club
- » Economist Intelligence Unit: Singapore Most Expensive City Worldwide
- » Personality in the News Awards 2017
- » US Billionaire Philanthropist David Rockefeller Dies at 101
- » Vernal Equinox: First Day of Spring 2017