Bulgarian Police Nab 5 for Global ATM Skimming
Police in Bulgaria have arrested 5 residents of the major city of Plovdiv on suspicions of organizing a network for ATM skimming in Bulgaria and abroad.
The mastermind is believed to be a 33-year-old Plovdianite, who allegedly distributed skimming devices and fabricated fake ATM cards.
The arrested man supposedly then gave the cards to four others and paid for their expenses for them to use the cards on ATMs at different points in Bulgaria and abroad.
In various premises occupied by the detainees, police have also retrieved 5 skimming devices, 77 ATM cards, various parts used in the production of the above, as well as hoards of data and the amount of EUR 30,000.
Further investigations are under way, and the person believed to be the organizer has been detained for 72 hours.
- » Bulgarian Police Arrests Sofia Store Armed Robbers
- » Armed Robbers of Sofia Store Now Established
- » Bulgaria Police Detain 2 Endangered Turtle Eaters
- » New Armed Robbery Taped in Sofia, Released on Facebook
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize Estimated BGN 15 M Worth of Smuggled Anabolic Steroids
- » Police Dismantle Criminal Group Stealing Luxury Cars in Bulgaria