Bulgarian Police Nab 5 for Global ATM Skimming
Police in Bulgaria have arrested 5 residents of the major city of Plovdiv on suspicions of organizing a network for ATM skimming in Bulgaria and abroad.
The mastermind is believed to be a 33-year-old Plovdianite, who allegedly distributed skimming devices and fabricated fake ATM cards.
The arrested man supposedly then gave the cards to four others and paid for their expenses for them to use the cards on ATMs at different points in Bulgaria and abroad.
In various premises occupied by the detainees, police have also retrieved 5 skimming devices, 77 ATM cards, various parts used in the production of the above, as well as hoards of data and the amount of EUR 30,000.
Further investigations are under way, and the person believed to be the organizer has been detained for 72 hours.
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna
- » Taxi Driver Found Dead In His car in the Region of Varna