N Korea's Missile Could Have Reached US - Report
The missile fired recently by North Korea is estimated to have a range over 10,000 km, according to official experts from South Korea.
This means that similar missiles have the potential to reach the United States.
The South Korean Ministry of Defense has stated that according to analyses of parts recovered from the rocket, it carried some 500-600 tonnes, and had a range over 10,000 km.
Although many countries, including the US, have seen the move as a step ahead of the North's nuclear program, authorities in Pyongyang have stated that launch was completely peaceful.
The Unha-3 missile successfully delivered into orbit North Korea's first sattelite, the Kwangmyŏngsŏng-3.
- » Iraq Launches Offensive Against IS to Recapture Tikrit
- » Estonia’s Ruling Reform Party Wins General Elections
- » Estonia Votes in General Election Overshadowed by Fears over Russia
- » Tens of Thousands March in Moscow to Honour Murdered Boris Nemtsov
- » Kurdish Rebel Leader Ocalan Urges PKK Disarmament to End Conflict in Turkey
- » Thousands Expected to March in Moscow in Memory of Nemtsov