N Korea's Missile Could Have Reached US - Report
The missile fired recently by North Korea is estimated to have a range over 10,000 km, according to official experts from South Korea.
This means that similar missiles have the potential to reach the United States.
The South Korean Ministry of Defense has stated that according to analyses of parts recovered from the rocket, it carried some 500-600 tonnes, and had a range over 10,000 km.
Although many countries, including the US, have seen the move as a step ahead of the North's nuclear program, authorities in Pyongyang have stated that launch was completely peaceful.
The Unha-3 missile successfully delivered into orbit North Korea's first sattelite, the Kwangmyŏngsŏng-3.
- » Ukrainian Opposition MP Elected 'Revolutionary Commandant' of Kiev
- » Chevron Resumes Shale Gas Exploration Work in Romania despite Protests
- » Russia Calls for Iran's Participation in Geneva-2 Conference
- » Thai PM Shinawatra Dissolves Parliament
- » Putin Shuts Down RIA Novosti, Sets Up Russia Today
- » Ukraine PM: Attack on Lenin Equals Taliban's Destruction of Buddhas