Bulgarians in Ukraine Dub Stanishev 'Person of the Year'
The Association of Bulgarians in Ukraine chose PES and Bulgarian Socialist Party Sergey Stanishev for their person of the year for 2012.
Stanishev has awarded for his "big contribution to boosting economic and cultural ties between Ukraine and Bulgaria, as well as for his personal commitment for the cultural and eductional process of Bulgarians in Bessarabia."
"I take this as a recognition not only for me personally, but also for all those who for years on worked for the preservation of the identity of Bessarabian Bulgarians," commented the socialist leader.
The Association of Bulgarians in Ukraine awards the Person of the Year award since 2002, for considerable contributions to bilateral relations, especially in the field of culture and social activities.
Since the Ottoman Rule of Bulgaria, there has traditionally been a sizeable Bulgarian diaspora in the Ukraine.
Now Bulgarians in the country are estimated to be over 200,000, mostly concentrated in the southern city of Odessa and province of Bessarabia.
Sergey Stanishev himself was born in Ukrainian city of Kherson in 1966.
- » Theodor Ushev Shows for the First Time in Sofia an Immersive Art Installation and a Mixed Reality
- » "The Shape of Water" Took the Award of American Film Critics
- » Modigliani Art Exhibit Found to be Full of fakes
- » An Interactive Exhibition Will Welcome the Guests to the Opening Ceremony For the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU
- » "Rolling Stones" have the Most Successful Tour of the Year
- » The Alternative and Experimental Iranian Singer SEVDALIZA Comes to Sofia
Well,,its good the Ukrainians gave this leader of the communists special recognition, as they people of Bulgaria would not do the same. Communism is dead in the water, life moves on, these relics of the past must be sent off to pasture. :) GERB is not the best solution either, but it is time for the BSP (Communist party) to disband and let Bulgaria progress forward. GERB's biggest stregth in politics, is that we must vote for them if only to keep Stanishev and friends far from power. Merry Xmas!