Bulgaria on Alert over Cold, Sun to Return for Christmas
Half of Bulgaria's regions have been placed under code yellow for potentially dangerous weather due to low temperatures Sunday.
The National Institute of Meteorology and Hyrdrolody has placed the warning on 14 regions, covering Bulgaria's north.
Lows have reached -15 degrees Centigrade at some locations, and highs will not go over -5-0 C Sunday.
Residents and visitors to Bulgaria can expect a comparatively snowless but warm Christmas, as the first three days of next week will bring sun and higher temperatures.
Highs are expected to reach 5-6 degrees Celsius, to 10-11 C at some locations, with lows not much below zero.
Fogs are expected to accumulate in smaller valleys, for instance in capital Sofia.
- » EU's Top Court Says Poland Breached Air Pollution Rules
- » German Court to Decide on Fate of 15 million Diesel Cars
- » Earthquakes with a Force of More than 4 on the Richter Scale Near the Greek Islands of Zakynthos and Crete
- » Cloudy today, Rain in Many Places
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 4.8 on the Richter Scale in Plovdiv And Asenovgrad
- » The Centuries-old Beech Forests in Central Balkan are Included in an Inter-state Site List of UNESCO