Bulgaria on Alert over Cold, Sun to Return for Christmas
Half of Bulgaria's regions have been placed under code yellow for potentially dangerous weather due to low temperatures Sunday.
The National Institute of Meteorology and Hyrdrolody has placed the warning on 14 regions, covering Bulgaria's north.
Lows have reached -15 degrees Centigrade at some locations, and highs will not go over -5-0 C Sunday.
Residents and visitors to Bulgaria can expect a comparatively snowless but warm Christmas, as the first three days of next week will bring sun and higher temperatures.
Highs are expected to reach 5-6 degrees Celsius, to 10-11 C at some locations, with lows not much below zero.
Fogs are expected to accumulate in smaller valleys, for instance in capital Sofia.
- » NIMH: Cold Weather with Temperatures of up to 18-23°, in Sofia Around 18°
- » Astronomical Autumn Arrives in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality is Planting a New Forest
- » Decreased Air Pollution in Bulgaria, but Still far from the Standards of Cleanliness
- » Authorities in Bali Have Raised Alert Levels for a Volcanic Eruption
- » Hurricane Maria Makes Landfall in Puerto Rico