Bulgaria on Alert over Cold, Sun to Return for Christmas
Half of Bulgaria's regions have been placed under code yellow for potentially dangerous weather due to low temperatures Sunday.
The National Institute of Meteorology and Hyrdrolody has placed the warning on 14 regions, covering Bulgaria's north.
Lows have reached -15 degrees Centigrade at some locations, and highs will not go over -5-0 C Sunday.
Residents and visitors to Bulgaria can expect a comparatively snowless but warm Christmas, as the first three days of next week will bring sun and higher temperatures.
Highs are expected to reach 5-6 degrees Celsius, to 10-11 C at some locations, with lows not much below zero.
Fogs are expected to accumulate in smaller valleys, for instance in capital Sofia.
- » Earthquake 4.1 on Richter Scale Shook Greece
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny With Temperatures Up to 34°
- » The Enormous Iceberg Near Antarctica is now Moving in Open Sea
- » Hundreds were Evacuated Due to Fires in Croatia and Montenegro
- » Kamchatka Volcano Klyuchevskaya Erupted
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny Weather, Temperatures Up to 33°