Bulgarian PM: You Won't Fool Me into Commenting on Chief Prosecutor!
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has vowed not to comment on the controversial election of the country's new Chief Prosecutor, Sotir Tsatsarov.
"You'll not fool me into speaking again," the Prime Minister said upon asked by reporters about the election.
It is widely believed that the new chief prosecutor is a personal favorite of Borisov and Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov.
Bulgaria's highest juridical body, the Supreme Judicial Council, elected on Thursday Sotir Tsatsarov to be the new chief prosecutor in a hghly predictable move, believed to be orchestrated by Borisov and Tsvetanov's ruling GERB party.
The selection process for the next chief prosecutor has been denounced by civic groups, while Internet forums in Bulgaria are overflowing with strong criticism and angry reactions.
On Friday, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev hurriedly signed late on Frday a decree officially appointing the controversially elected chief prosecutor.
Both Borisov and Tsvetanov have spoken positively of Tsatsarov's candidacy.
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Transport Minister Approves 3 New Appointments
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Transport Minister Changes Port Burgas CEO
- » Bulgaria Should Prepare for Refugee Influx– Deputy Watchdog Chair
- » Bulgarian ex-Tsar to Appeal Tsarska Bistritsa Ruling
- » Bulgaria's Ex Royal Palace Tsarska Bistritsa Declared State Property
- » Caretaker Minister Changes Bulgarian Posts, Railways Chiefs