Bulgarian PM: You Won't Fool Me into Commenting on Chief Prosecutor!
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has vowed not to comment on the controversial election of the country's new Chief Prosecutor, Sotir Tsatsarov.
"You'll not fool me into speaking again," the Prime Minister said upon asked by reporters about the election.
It is widely believed that the new chief prosecutor is a personal favorite of Borisov and Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov.
Bulgaria's highest juridical body, the Supreme Judicial Council, elected on Thursday Sotir Tsatsarov to be the new chief prosecutor in a hghly predictable move, believed to be orchestrated by Borisov and Tsvetanov's ruling GERB party.
The selection process for the next chief prosecutor has been denounced by civic groups, while Internet forums in Bulgaria are overflowing with strong criticism and angry reactions.
On Friday, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev hurriedly signed late on Frday a decree officially appointing the controversially elected chief prosecutor.
Both Borisov and Tsvetanov have spoken positively of Tsatsarov's candidacy.
- » 10km Queue of Cargo Vehicles at at Kapitan Andreevo Border Checkpoint
- » PM Boyko Borisov Expresses Condolences For Victims of Terrorist Attack in Manchester
- » Tsvetan Tsvetanov: 'It is Possible for Bulgaria to Become Part of the Schengen Area After a Successful Presidency of the EU Council
- » Number of Refugees in Bulgaria has Decreased Significantly
- » President Rumen Radev: Only E-government Will Meet Public Expectations For Effectiveness, Transparency and Control'
- » National Theater ''Ivan Vazov'' To Be Renovated