Bulgarian Navy Delivers Blood to Snow-Blocked Districts by 'Panthers'
The Bulgarian Navy was using Friday its newly acquired Eurocopter Panther helicopters to deliver food supplies and blood to Dobrich and Silistra, two district capitals in Northeastern Bulgaria blockaded by heavy snowfall.
A "Panther" from the Chaika air base of the Bulgarian Navy brought in blood products to ensure the proper function of the hospitals in Dobrich and Silistra, the Defense Ministry press service announced Friday.
Meanwhile, the land forces of the Bulgarian Army in the districts of Sliven and Shumen were using armored vehicles to clean some of the roads that were in worst condition after the recent snow blizzards.
A total of 12 municipalities in Eastern Bulgaria declared emergency situations earlier as a result of the inclement weather which closed all of the major roads in many parts of the country.
- » Erdogan: Turkey is taking Steps for the Acquiring of Ballistic Missiles
- » Border Officers will Receive the Right to Conduct Investigations
- » The US Senate Approved a Huge Budget of USD 700 Billion for the Pentagon
- » Military Training near North Korea by China, Russia, the United States and South Korea
- » The Turkish Army Organizes Military Exercises to the Border with Iraq
- » Bulgaria and Macedonia to Discuss Cooperation in the Military Sphere