Bulgarian Navy Delivers Blood to Snow-Blocked Districts by 'Panthers'
The Bulgarian Navy was using Friday its newly acquired Eurocopter Panther helicopters to deliver food supplies and blood to Dobrich and Silistra, two district capitals in Northeastern Bulgaria blockaded by heavy snowfall.
A "Panther" from the Chaika air base of the Bulgarian Navy brought in blood products to ensure the proper function of the hospitals in Dobrich and Silistra, the Defense Ministry press service announced Friday.
Meanwhile, the land forces of the Bulgarian Army in the districts of Sliven and Shumen were using armored vehicles to clean some of the roads that were in worst condition after the recent snow blizzards.
A total of 12 municipalities in Eastern Bulgaria declared emergency situations earlier as a result of the inclement weather which closed all of the major roads in many parts of the country.
- » Bulgaria's DefMin Calls for Debate on Military Spending
- » Bulgaria Under No Obligation To Increase Defence Budget
- » Europeans in NATO To Buy Aircraft, Submarines Jointly
- » Bulgaria's Defense Ministry Denies Having Signed MiG-29 Repair Contract
- » US Military To Be Deployed to Novo Selo Training Ground
- » Court Tells Election Commission to Register Barekov’s Party Under Name of His Choice