Snowfall Closes Bulgaria's Major Highways
The blizzards that have paralyzed Eastern Bulgaria in the past couple of days have led the authorities to close sections of major roads and highways.
The road between the cities of Shumen and Targovishte in Northeastern Bulgaria is the only one that can be used in the Shumen District after the continuing blizzards there.
The traffic authorities closed the Trakiya Highway section between Burgas and Karnobat in Southeastern Bulgaria, as well as the Hemus-Karnobat section between Devnya and Varna in Northeastern Bulgaria.
All roads in the Varna District were closed because of the show with many more roads in the eastern half of Bulgaria affected, especially in coastal and mountain areas.
- » Bulgaria Registers Increased Air Pollution Levels
- » Construction Works on Bulgaria's Beach of Coral Will Be Stopped, Official Says
- » Construction Works at Bulgarian Black Sea Coast Campsite Temporarily Stopped
- » Bulgaria to Allocate EU Funding of BGN 115 M to Fighting Air Pollution in Cities
- » Construction Works along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coastline Cause Turmoil
- » Weather: Cloudy and Chilly in April