Snowfall Closes Bulgaria's Major Highways
The blizzards that have paralyzed Eastern Bulgaria in the past couple of days have led the authorities to close sections of major roads and highways.
The road between the cities of Shumen and Targovishte in Northeastern Bulgaria is the only one that can be used in the Shumen District after the continuing blizzards there.
The traffic authorities closed the Trakiya Highway section between Burgas and Karnobat in Southeastern Bulgaria, as well as the Hemus-Karnobat section between Devnya and Varna in Northeastern Bulgaria.
All roads in the Varna District were closed because of the show with many more roads in the eastern half of Bulgaria affected, especially in coastal and mountain areas.
- » Bulgarian TPP Carries Highest Pollution Cost in Europe
- » US Braces for New Heavy Snowfall after Storm Leaves Seven Dead
- » 7 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns Of Rising Water Levels In Rivers
- » EU’s Finance Ministers to Approve Flood Aid of EUR 10 M for Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Rhodope Mountains Become Part Of Rewilding Europe Initiative