PES's Stanishev Inspired by Slovakia's Fico
PES and Bulgarian Socialist Party chair Sergey Stanishev said he is inspired by the efforts and policies of fellow socialist Slovak PM Robert Fico.
Thursday Stanishev met Fico as part of the European and Bulgarian socialist leader's ongoing tour of Central and Eastern Europe.
"Rober Fico is restoring the Slovak social model with adopting a new Labor Code, abolishing the flat tax, and increasing the state's control over private health insurance funds," said Stanishev.
He added that similar policies need to be implemented at the European level as part of PES's shared bid to restore social justice in the EU.
"I am personally inspired by the progress that the Fico government has achieved in Slovakia," stated Stanishev.
"Slovakia has marked an impressive 2% GDP growth without sacrificing key social commitments," explained the socialist leader.
As part of their meeting, Stanishev and Fico also discussed efforts for introducing an EU financial transactions tax, as well as PES's preparation for upcoming 2014 European Parliament elections.
- » Man Wanted By Interpol Caught at Sofia Airport
- » Jean-Claude Juncker with Mixed Feelings About EU-Turkey Varna Summit
- » BSP donated books to the Bulgarian Cultural Center in Skopje
- » President Radev Accepted an Invitation for a Meeting for Erdogan
- » Merkel: Islam is Part of Germany!
- » Trucks will Pay a Toll Tax on About 55% of the Country's Roads