Bulgaria FBI Head Tipped for Second Term
Bulgaria's government will issue on Wednesday an official proposal for the president to re-appoint Konstantin Kazakov as Director of the State Agency for National Security, DANS.
Kazakov took over the post in March 2011.
Previous to his official appointment he was temporarily in charge of the Agency after the resignation of Tsvetlin Yovchev in the aftermath of the wiretapping scandal that shook Bulgaria at the beginning of the year.
Kazakov was born in 1966 in Sofia. He is a graduate of the Moscow Mining Institute and had specialized at the Interior Ministry Academy and at law enforcement institutions in Hungary and the US.
Kazakov has been an employee of the Interior Ministry since October, 1993, moving through his career from intelligence officer to unit head.
After the establishment of DANS, he was appointed unit head there and later directorate head.
In 2009, Kazakov was appointed DANS Deputy Director.
- » Bulgaria's Parliament to Hold Emergency Meeting
- » 'No Division' among Bulgarian Nationalists, Leader Says
- » Bulgaria's President to Have Anti-Corruption Secretary
- » Colonel Appointed as Bulgarian President's Chief Secretary
- » Bulgaria's Biggest Parties Clash over EU Funds
- » Bulgaria’s Vice President Popova Becomes BIA Deputy Chairman