Bulgaria FBI Head Tipped for Second Term
Bulgaria's government will issue on Wednesday an official proposal for the president to re-appoint Konstantin Kazakov as Director of the State Agency for National Security, DANS.
Kazakov took over the post in March 2011.
Previous to his official appointment he was temporarily in charge of the Agency after the resignation of Tsvetlin Yovchev in the aftermath of the wiretapping scandal that shook Bulgaria at the beginning of the year.
Kazakov was born in 1966 in Sofia. He is a graduate of the Moscow Mining Institute and had specialized at the Interior Ministry Academy and at law enforcement institutions in Hungary and the US.
Kazakov has been an employee of the Interior Ministry since October, 1993, moving through his career from intelligence officer to unit head.
After the establishment of DANS, he was appointed unit head there and later directorate head.
In 2009, Kazakov was appointed DANS Deputy Director.
- » Vidin - Calafat Danube Bridge Will be Temporarily Closed
- » No Agreement on Role of Proposed Anticorruption Body
- » About 30% of Children in Refugee Centers go to School
- » BGN 80 Million is the Budget for Road Cleaning during the Winter
- » Bulgaria Media Still Under Political Pressure
- » Residents of the Mladost Quarter of Sofia Protest Because of Lack of Lighting