Bulgaria FBI Head Tipped for Second Term
Bulgaria's government will issue on Wednesday an official proposal for the president to re-appoint Konstantin Kazakov as Director of the State Agency for National Security, DANS.
Kazakov took over the post in March 2011.
Previous to his official appointment he was temporarily in charge of the Agency after the resignation of Tsvetlin Yovchev in the aftermath of the wiretapping scandal that shook Bulgaria at the beginning of the year.
Kazakov was born in 1966 in Sofia. He is a graduate of the Moscow Mining Institute and had specialized at the Interior Ministry Academy and at law enforcement institutions in Hungary and the US.
Kazakov has been an employee of the Interior Ministry since October, 1993, moving through his career from intelligence officer to unit head.
After the establishment of DANS, he was appointed unit head there and later directorate head.
In 2009, Kazakov was appointed DANS Deputy Director.
- » President Rumen Radev to Attend NATO Summit in Brussels and Make Official Visit to Vatican
- » Vice President Iliyana Yotova: 'We Cannot Have Other Priority Than Education'
- » President Rumen Radev: 'In The Hierarchy of Spirit and Culture, the Leaders are Not Politicians but the Knights of Letters
- » 6km Queue of Cargo Vehicles at Kapitan Andreevo Border Checkpoint
- » Bulgarian Delegation Visits Rome for May 24
- » PM Boyko Borisov: 'Investment in Education of Future Generations is Among our Main Aspirations Today'