Bulgaria FBI Head Tipped for Second Term
Bulgaria's government will issue on Wednesday an official proposal for the president to re-appoint Konstantin Kazakov as Director of the State Agency for National Security, DANS.
Kazakov took over the post in March 2011.
Previous to his official appointment he was temporarily in charge of the Agency after the resignation of Tsvetlin Yovchev in the aftermath of the wiretapping scandal that shook Bulgaria at the beginning of the year.
Kazakov was born in 1966 in Sofia. He is a graduate of the Moscow Mining Institute and had specialized at the Interior Ministry Academy and at law enforcement institutions in Hungary and the US.
Kazakov has been an employee of the Interior Ministry since October, 1993, moving through his career from intelligence officer to unit head.
After the establishment of DANS, he was appointed unit head there and later directorate head.
In 2009, Kazakov was appointed DANS Deputy Director.
- » Merely 2% of Bulgarians Use Flu Vaccines
- » Complaints Against Toplofikatsiya Sofia Increase by 216% in One Year
- » Bike Rental Network To Become Operational in Sofia in 2017
- » Bulgaria Ranks 53rd Among 113 Countries According to Rule of Law Index
- » 984 Drunk Drivers Caught in Sofia Since Beginning of 2016
- » Bulgaria's 2nd-Largest Opposition Backs Ex-PM Oresharski for President