Bulgaria FBI Head Tipped for Second Term
Bulgaria's government will issue on Wednesday an official proposal for the president to re-appoint Konstantin Kazakov as Director of the State Agency for National Security, DANS.
Kazakov took over the post in March 2011.
Previous to his official appointment he was temporarily in charge of the Agency after the resignation of Tsvetlin Yovchev in the aftermath of the wiretapping scandal that shook Bulgaria at the beginning of the year.
Kazakov was born in 1966 in Sofia. He is a graduate of the Moscow Mining Institute and had specialized at the Interior Ministry Academy and at law enforcement institutions in Hungary and the US.
Kazakov has been an employee of the Interior Ministry since October, 1993, moving through his career from intelligence officer to unit head.
After the establishment of DANS, he was appointed unit head there and later directorate head.
In 2009, Kazakov was appointed DANS Deputy Director.
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejects Anti-Corruption Bill at First Reading
- » 16 000 Illegal Immigrants Detained in Bulgaria Since Start of Year
- » Bulgaria Police Arrest 130 in Special Operation
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Security Chief 'to Be Next Thessaloniki Consul'
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry to Focus on Illegal Migration
- » Bulgarian MPs Convene for First Plenary Sitting After Summer Recess