"Bulgaria has a system, which is working perfectly right now. Why do you want to fix something that's not broken? I don't think you should be in the euro zone, period.
Bulgaria's monetary arrangement is much better than Europe's monetary arrangement. You have monetary sovereignty; you have control over your money. What if the euro blows off? Bulgaria can just switch to the US dollar!"
Steve Hanke, Professor of Applied Economics at The Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, USA and a Senior Fellow at the Cato Institute in Washington, D.C., USA, speaking to Bulgaria's private bTV channel
- » We Are at Hotel California, Greek FinMin Says
- » Breaking Racquets Is Beautiful
- » Austerity 'Is Like Bleeding to Death'
- » Turkish Stream: Traveling from Sofia to Plovdiv via Bulgaria's North
- » Bulgarian President 'Forged Common EU Position on Ukrainian Crisis'
- » Bulgaria PM Knows How to Revive Labor Market