Bulgarian Firms in Talks to Participate in Infrastructure Projects in Yemen
Bulgarian companies will examine opportunities for participating in the modernization of Yemeni power plants, according to the press office of the Ministry of Economy, Energy, and Tourism (MIET).
The announcement came at the first session of the Intergovernmental Bulgarian- Yemeni Commission for Economic Cooperation held on December 15 – 16 in Sanaa.
The sitting also included a discussion of the opportunities for the participation of Bulgarian companies as subcontractors in Yemen-based infrastructure projects for road equipment, dams, irrigation systems, etc.
Talks are yet to be held between Bulgarian state-owned gas supplier Bulgargaz and Yemen's state-owned company Yemen LNG on opportunities for carrying LNG supplies from Yemen via Greek and Turkish terminals, according to MIET's press release.
The participants in the meeting concluded that the bilateral economic cooperation could be increased through supplies of Bulgarian pharmaceuticals, machinery, agricultural equipment, food processing equipment, irrigation systems and machines, water well equipment, canned meat, and artificial fertilizers.
At the beginning of 2013, a bilateral business forum is to be organized in Sofia.
The first session of the Intergovernmental Bulgarian- Yemeni Commission for Economic Cooperation ended with the signing of a bilateral protocol.
The Commission is co-chaired by Ivo Marinov, Bulgaria's Deputy Minister of Economy, Energy and Tourism, and Yemen's Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade, Mohsen Ali Al-Naqib.
The two-day session was attended by representatives of companies in the spheres of energy, electronics, military industry, etc, according to MIET's media statement.
- » Bulgaria Launches EU-funded Advertising Campaign to Boost Domestic Tourism
- » Ex Energy Minister Seeks 10-Fold Increase in Minimum Fine for Power Distributors
- » Bulgaria’s Max to Offer New High Definition Voice Services
- » Bulgaria Energy Minister Triggers Inspection at Energy Distributors
- » Bulgaria 'Unable to Halt South Stream Construction' - Ex-Energy Minister
- » Bulgaria's State Electricity Co 'Sells Energy Below Market Prices'