Matriarchy is Back, Indeed
I live in the USA and just came across your article "Matriarchy is back, kind of". Please accept my compliments on it.
Like the couples you describe, my wife Carol and I are in a "matriarchy" where she works and I'm at home, raising our children. We are both very happy.
We made a conscious decision that Carol will be the primary breadwinner and I will be the at home parent. We have been married for two years, have a 2 year old son and an infant daughter. My wife is a lawyer and I used to work (part time) at a bank. I just quit my job to stay home full time when our daughter was born.
Although we are reversing the traditional roles, we are actually traditional people. We plan to have a large family (four kids, God willing), and are big believers that it's best to have a parent at home, and that it is impossible to be good parents if both spouses have 80 hr/week jobs.
I am just fine that she brings home the bacon. I do all the work around the house and keep the house very clean.
All the best,
- » Bulgaria's Struggle for New Beginning Fateful, Keep It Up!
- » Sofia Animal Control Data - Vain Confidence in No-Kill Leg
- » Roma, Syrians Joining Together in Common Cause
- » Revealed: Scandal of Bulgarian Workers Plight in UK
- » Income per Capita in Bulgaria
- » Please Correct Article about ESU, Student Protest