Bulgarian Winter Resorts Expect Greek Visitors Boom
Bulgarian winter resorts of Bansko, Borovets and Pamporovo expect to be the hit for Greek visitors for Christmas and New Year's Eve.
The Bulgarian National Radio, BNR, reported Sunday that Greek tour operators have registered interest only for short travels to relatively cheap destinations due to the debt crisis and all packages in Bulgarian resorts have been sold out.
The reverse trend is also in place with many Bulgarians traveling to Greece for the winter holidays. In Thessaloniki and Khalkidhiki, most reservations were sold to Bulgarians. The five star hotels in Khalkidhiki, however, have close to zero bookings, according to tour operators, cited by BNR.
There is also an unexpected strong interest of Bulgarians in visiting Pieria on the foot of Mount Olympus, where reservations of Bulgarian holidaymakers are up 50%, compared to last year.
- » Bulgaria, Saudi Arabia to Cooperate in Tourism
- » Bulgaria 'Should Promote Itself as All-Year-Round Destination'
- » Bulgaria Hosting International Tourism Conference
- » Every Fifth Tourist to Bulgaria in October Is Macedonian
- » Bulgaria Ranked 1st as Family Holidays Destination by Russians
- » 34 Bulgarian Hotels Certified as Spa Centres