Bulgarian Winter Resorts Expect Greek Visitors Boom
Bulgarian winter resorts of Bansko, Borovets and Pamporovo expect to be the hit for Greek visitors for Christmas and New Year's Eve.
The Bulgarian National Radio, BNR, reported Sunday that Greek tour operators have registered interest only for short travels to relatively cheap destinations due to the debt crisis and all packages in Bulgarian resorts have been sold out.
The reverse trend is also in place with many Bulgarians traveling to Greece for the winter holidays. In Thessaloniki and Khalkidhiki, most reservations were sold to Bulgarians. The five star hotels in Khalkidhiki, however, have close to zero bookings, according to tour operators, cited by BNR.
There is also an unexpected strong interest of Bulgarians in visiting Pieria on the foot of Mount Olympus, where reservations of Bulgarian holidaymakers are up 50%, compared to last year.
- » Bulgaria Reports Double Increase in Tourist Numbers Ahead of Summer Season
- » Arrivals of Foreign Visitors to Bulgaria Up in April
- » Royal Clipper Arrives in Bulgaria’s Varna Port
- » Tourist Trips by Bulgarian Residents Decrease 4.8% Y/Y in Q1 2016
- » Wiz Air Adds Three New Destinations from Sofia in December
- » Bulgaria Registered 15 % Increase in Number of Foreign Visitors During Easter Holiday