17 Bulgarian Regions under Sleet Alert
Code yellow over snow and ice has been declared for seventeen Bulgarian regions, the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) announced Sunday morning.
Code yellow is effective in the regions of Pernik, Kyustendil, Sofia, Sofia City, Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, Veliko Tarnovo, Gabrovo, Kardzhali, Smolyan, Blagoevgrad, Pazardzhik, Plovdiv and Ruse.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
It will be cloudy with rain, mixed with snow and sleet in northern, western Bulgaria, and along the Struma River, while the mercury will begin to slowly climb up.
The minimum temperatures will be between minus 2C and minus 3C, 2C in the capital Sofia. In the afternoon, the temperatures will reach anywhere from minus 1C to 4C.
Roads are being cleaned but icy and treacherous conditions are possible at many locations.
- » Yellow Dust Found All Across Sofia
- » Sun, Rain and Hails To Take Over Bulgaria
- » Thunderstorms Expected Across Bulgaria
- » 73% of Bulgaria's Bathing Waters Were of Excellent Quality in 2014
- » Minor Earthquake Registered in Black Sea Near Bulgaria's Primorsko
- » Code Yellow Issued in Five Bulgarian Municipalities