17 Bulgarian Regions under Sleet Alert
Code yellow over snow and ice has been declared for seventeen Bulgarian regions, the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) announced Sunday morning.
Code yellow is effective in the regions of Pernik, Kyustendil, Sofia, Sofia City, Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, Veliko Tarnovo, Gabrovo, Kardzhali, Smolyan, Blagoevgrad, Pazardzhik, Plovdiv and Ruse.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
It will be cloudy with rain, mixed with snow and sleet in northern, western Bulgaria, and along the Struma River, while the mercury will begin to slowly climb up.
The minimum temperatures will be between minus 2C and minus 3C, 2C in the capital Sofia. In the afternoon, the temperatures will reach anywhere from minus 1C to 4C.
Roads are being cleaned but icy and treacherous conditions are possible at many locations.
- » Strong Snowfall and an Erupting Volcano Caused Chaos in Japan
- » Philippine Volcano Spews Lava 700 Meters into the Sky
- » Earthquake of 8.2 on the Richter Scale Shook Alaska, There is Danger of Tsunami
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny with Increasing Cloudiness Sometimes
- » Indonesia Earthquake - 6.1-Magnitude
- » Cyclone "Albena" and the Snow are Going Away