5 Illegal Immigrants Detained at Bulgarian-Turkish Border
Five illegal immigrants were detained Saturday morning at the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing on the Bulgarian-Turkish border.
According to reports of the Interior Ministry, an inspection with a gas analyzer of an Iveko truck found three men hidden in the trailer of an Iveco truck.
The inspection was conducted by border police at around 6 a.m. on Saturday.
The three men were Palestinian nationals carrying Syrian ID cards.
The illegal immigrants and the driver were detained at the Border Police Department in Svilengrad.
Earlier the same day, around half an hour after midnight, border police at Kapitan Andreevo found two men hidden in a Mercedes truck travelling from Turkey to Germany.
The illegal immigrants were detected using a gas analyzer.
The two had no ID papers but said they were Afghanistan nationals.
The two illegal immigrants and the driver of the truck, a 52-year-old Turkish national, were detained at the Border Police Department in Svilengrad.
Work on the cases continues, according to the press office of Bulgaria's Interior Ministry.
- » Russia Could Have Laundered Up to USD 80 B Via Moldova, Latvia
- » E-mails About Non-existent Debt Steal Personal Data, Passwords
- » Drunk Man Tries to Steal a Car with Small child in Sofia
- » Migrant Injured as Border Police Chase Smugglers' Car
- » Three Bombs Explode in Central Sofia, Police Looking into Hooliganism
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Ambassador to US Quits Warsaw Job after Cosmetics Incident - JTA