Bulgaria Extends Condolences to US for School Killing Spree
Bulgaria's Foreign Affairs Minister, Nikolay Mladenov, has sent a letter of condolences to US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, in connection with the tragedy and the mass murder of children in Connecticut.
Dressed in black fatigues, a military vest, a heavily armed man, identified as Adam Lanza, 20, walked into Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut Friday morning and opened fire, killing 26 people, 20 of them children, before committing suicide.
"In this difficult moment for the American people, I would like to offer sincere condolences in connection with the horrific crime that took the lives of 28 people, most of whom little children. Please extend my deep compassion with the pain and suffering of the families and people close to the victims," Mladenov writes.
The Minister also strongly condemns the bloody act of violence, stating "haphazard firing on innocent children is an act of completely senseless cruelty."
Multiple law enforcement agencies are investigating the mass school shooting and Connecticut State police have confirmed that 28 people have died: 18 children died at the school, two children died at a local hospital, six adults died at the scene, the shooter died at the school, and the shooter's mother was found dead at the home that she shared with the gunman.
Among the six adults killed were Dawn Hochsprung, the school's principal, and school psychologist Mary Sherlach.
The death toll makes Sandy Hook one of the deadliest school shootings in history and the second-deadliest school shooting in US history, behind only the 2007 shooting at Virginia Tech that left 32 people dead.
- » The Venezuelan Consulate in Miami may be Shut Down Because of Unpaid Rents
- » Serbia's President Alexander Vucic Arrives on an Official Visit to Bulgaria
- » Serbian President Alexander Vucic will be on a Working Visit to Bulgaria Tomorrow
- » Prime Ministers Boyko Borissov and Victor Orban Called For Reliable EU Border Protection
- » Boyko Borisov will have Dinner with European Leaders at Hertoginnedal Castle near Brussels
- » Bulgaria and Saudi Arabia will Develop a Strategic Partnership