Sofia CSKA Sports Club Facilities Closed over Bomb Threat
An anonymous bomb threat has been received Friday for the facility of the Sofia sports club CSKA.
The call has been placed through the emergency 112 hotline Friday morning.
Police and the bomb squad have sealed the premises and are checking them for explosive devices.
Also on Friday, the Serdika Center Mall received a bomb threat around 11 am.
The shopping center was evacuated.
This was the fourth time the Serdika Center Mall has been closed over a bomb threat in just three weeks.
On Thursday evening, a bomb threat necessitated the evacuation of The Mall shopping center in Sofia.
Earlier on Thursday, bomb threats also closed down a courthouse in Sofia and two more in Varna.
Another shopping center in Sofia, the Mall of Sofia, was evacuated over a bomb threat several days ago.
Recently, there has been an increased number of bomb threats for shopping centers, courts and schools in Sofia, now spreading to several other major cities.
No traces of explosives have been found in any of these cases.
- » Bulgaria to Rule on Technomarket CEO's Extradition to Italy
- » Suspect for Brutal Murderer of 60-Year-old British Woman Arrested by Bulgarian Police
- » Serbia Police Find Weapons, Ammo in Bulgarian Train
- » Englishwoman Reportedly Found Dead in Bulgarian Village, Murder Suspected
- » Bulgaria’s Sopharma CEO Ognian Donev Charged with BGN 63 M Tax Evasion
- » Prosecuting Authority Resubmits Indictment against ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker Hristo Biserov