Severe Cold Claims Two Lives in Bulgaria
A severe cold spell continues to affect in Bulgaria, with two lives claimed by the freezing weather in the country.
The body of a 56-year-old homeless man was discovered in the southwestern city of Dupnitsa on Friday.
The other victim was found in the village of Kutugertsi near Kyustendil, also in southwestern Bulgaria.
Code orange over extremely low temperatures has been declared in the western Kyustendil and Pernik regions.
In Kyustendil, the mercury fell to minus 19.2 C early on Friday.
Four temperature records were registered Thursday by Bulgaria's national weather service, as a cold wave gripped the country.
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd Worldwide In Terms Of Deats Due To Air Pollution
- » Extreme Risk of Fire in 5 Bulgarian Regions on Sunday
- » Extreme Risk of Fire Declared in 10 Bulgarian Regions
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday