Severe Cold Claims Two Lives in Bulgaria
A severe cold spell continues to affect in Bulgaria, with two lives claimed by the freezing weather in the country.
The body of a 56-year-old homeless man was discovered in the southwestern city of Dupnitsa on Friday.
The other victim was found in the village of Kutugertsi near Kyustendil, also in southwestern Bulgaria.
Code orange over extremely low temperatures has been declared in the western Kyustendil and Pernik regions.
In Kyustendil, the mercury fell to minus 19.2 C early on Friday.
Four temperature records were registered Thursday by Bulgaria's national weather service, as a cold wave gripped the country.
- » 18 Bulgarian Cities Have 'Extremely Polluted' Air
- » Bulgaria Ranks Poorly In Climate Change Performance Index
- » Extreme Weather Warnings Issued For Tuesday
- » Situation in Bulgaria's Flooded Regions Remains Adverse
- » Minor 2.5-Magnitude Earthquake Registered in Sofia
- » Emergency Remains in Part of SE Bulgaria, Villages in North Covered in Ice