Bulgaria's Nuclear Plant among World's Best - Expert
Bulgaria's sole nuclear power plant, Kozloduy, is among the world's best, Bulgarian nuclear expert Sergey Tsochev has declared.
Tsochev, chair of Bulgaria's Nuclear Regulation Agency, has told the Bulgarian National Radio that he is satisfied with the results of the International Atomic Energy Agency's three-week safety review of the nuclear power plant.
"The results of the mission are good and that will be made clear once the report is made public," he said.
He clarified that the IAEA experts were invited by the Bulgarian government with the aim of receiving safety recommendations.
The International Atomic Energy Agency team recommended several improvements to Kozloduy. The recommendations include creating contingency plans for severe accidents.
The team has also "identified good practices used at the plant that will be shared by the IAEA with the nuclear industry worldwide."
- » Bulgarian Energy Commission Chairman Dobrev: No Problems Expected Concerning EC Approval of NEC Loan
- » Bulgaria Should Prioritize Gas Links with Greece, Romania - EU Official
- » No EU Guarantees for Russian Gas for Balkan Hub To Be Given Soon
- » Heating, Hot Water Prices To Remain Unchanged After October 1
- » Azerbaijan's SOCAR Eyes Entering Bulgarian Oil Products Market
- » Bulgaria May Use Belene N-Reactor to Complete 2nd Plant as Private Project