Bulgaria's Nuclear Plant among World's Best - Expert
Bulgaria's sole nuclear power plant, Kozloduy, is among the world's best, Bulgarian nuclear expert Sergey Tsochev has declared.
Tsochev, chair of Bulgaria's Nuclear Regulation Agency, has told the Bulgarian National Radio that he is satisfied with the results of the International Atomic Energy Agency's three-week safety review of the nuclear power plant.
"The results of the mission are good and that will be made clear once the report is made public," he said.
He clarified that the IAEA experts were invited by the Bulgarian government with the aim of receiving safety recommendations.
The International Atomic Energy Agency team recommended several improvements to Kozloduy. The recommendations include creating contingency plans for severe accidents.
The team has also "identified good practices used at the plant that will be shared by the IAEA with the nuclear industry worldwide."
- » Turkey has Promised Energy Aid to Bulgaria
- » Price of Natural Gas in Bulgaria Will Not Go up by More Than 2.4%
- » Bulgaria and Romania Negotiate Emergency Energy Assistance
- » Russian and Korean Corporations are Launching Solar-diesel Power Plants
- » Bulgarian Energy Ministry: 'The Increase in the Final Price of Natural Gas Will be Below 2%'
- » Three International Companies Want to Invest in Belene Nuclear Power Plant