'Spineful' Bulgarian Position on Macedonia (and EU) At Last!
I couldn't believe it when PM Borisov and President Plevneliev negotiated Bulgaria's first policy towards Macedonia since Ivan Kostov that isn't spineless:
Bulgaria declared itself against setting a date for Macedonia's EU accession talks.
Under Borisov, too, Bulgaria has a geopolitical midget's foreign policy so my surprise is understandable.
And towards Macedonia, Bulgaria's policy has been totally spineless, except in 1992 and 1999-2001.
It boils down to tossing food in order to pet the neighbor's dog who keeps biting you and pooping systematically in your frontyard.
Patriotic Bulgarians' arguments that firmer policies towards Macedonia would be counterproductive as they'd boost the Macedonianist regime are pointless: it's spewing anti-Bulgarian propaganda ANYWAY.
Halfheartedly wooing those who used to be part of the Bulgarian nation has no evidence of success.
Bulgaria now has a relatively sensible position towards Macedonianism (Macedonian nationalism):
1)Macedonians, or however they wish to be called, have a place in the EU;
2)Macedonianism, a product of Stalinism based on aggression, hate, and colossal historical falsifications, can't get in the EU in any form!
If we let it in, that'll be a blow to European values, and a justification for monstrous crimes against the Bulgarian nation that's already part of Europe.
- » Is Boris Nemtsov's Killing a Sign of Russia's Weakness?
- » Dispute over Bulgaria's New Debt Leaves Fmr President's Image Tarnished
- » Let's Talk about Debt, Baby!
- » Dr Mohd Abuasi: The Motivations of ISIS Are Social, Political and Economic
- » EIRI CEO Lyubomir Kyuchukov: Will Ukraine Peace Deal Hold?
- » Ex-Foreign Min Passy: NATO Does Not Want War with Russia